I put their names on this chalkboard garland and Ella asked me why I didn't decorate Ryan's heart. I told her I couldn't think of anything manly, she said "what about a lightening bolt?!"
The kids were so excited for them to get here, I thought I was going to have to pull out the benadryl;)
The picture is blurry in sport mode, that gives you and idea of how much hopping up and down they were doing.
They're here!!! 3 beautiful new faces to love.
Even though the snow has been flying all winter, we didn't get the gorgeous fresh snow I was hoping and praying for. But, it was white, and there was enough to sled on so we couldn't complain!
Ila is in front, what a sweet, tender girl. And Eda is in the back. I call her "Eda-you-up" because she has the squishiest buns, I know firsthand from squeezing them myself {hope that's okay Katy}.
We took the big girls and Dawson to Polka Dot Pottery to paint. Ella made a magical, VeRy colorful horse, and Ava Lou made a cat figurine in honor of Bernice Blossom, their kitty that just went to heaven:(
Dawson made a "coffee" cup for himself;)
Katy, such a cutie.
Ghiradelli cocoa with fresh whipped cream, orange chocolate scones, sugar cookies...I promise I'm not taking advantage of legalized marijuana. I always have the munchies. In fact I'm still discovering special drinks and goodies that I intended to pull out while they were here. Too little time!
Okay, this picture doesn't do justice to these crazy monkeys. It was almost midnight, they were in bed watching a movie on my lap top, and clearly not sleepy. Wish I could've captured the feel of this moment with them snuggled up in the dark, but tried to take a pic without flash and it didn't work.
Mitchy and Eda
All of the kids had SO much fun together. I was amazed at how well all 7 of them played together ~ not one tattle session, no fighting, yelling, crying, arguing...four days together and they seemed to love every minute of it.
Love is in the air...
Dawson requested that I make Shirley Temple's while they were here, umbrellas and all. Umm, what's with the girls and one shoulder out of their shirts?!
Hopefully we don't find a similar picture of Mitch on the internet someday.
Dawson squeeeezing in to a picture of me and Katy:)
We took advantage of our pathetic, crunchy snow and went sledding. I also met my new love, Hunter, on the hill. Long story, but this 14ish year old boy followed me around most of the time, and talked, a LOT, eventually asking me if he could sit on my knees and ride down the hill with me. I came up with a clever excuse that wouldn't hurt his feelings, only to hear the same question a bit later, just worded a bit differently: "you know, that sled's made for two..." Oh my gosh, too funny. Katy kept teasing that he probably thought I was Ella's sister instead of her Mom. The only reason he could've possibly thought that is because I was wearing one of Ella's flowery snow hats, and sunglasses which hide the bags and wrinkles under my eyes;)
Cutest couple award goes too....Katy and Ryan!
I have pictures in Ella's scrapbook of Katy giving her a bath, so Ella teased for days before they came that she was going to ask Katy to give her another bath and scrub her butt.
We talked till one in the morning every night, and there still wasn't enough time. Then they left us, sniffle.
And then a few days later... a box arrived from Katy. I open it up, and once I peeled back the black and white polka dotted tissue, then the pink tissue, I see a a box FULL of treasures. I started crying when I read her sweet card and had so much fun uncovering all the thoughtful goodies inside. Plus, the whole box smelled amazing and I dug around to see what it was ~ adorable hen and egg soaps on a dish. It was better than Christmas! Here's some pictures of what I got...Jealous aren't you?!
This sign made me laugh so hard!
Beautiful little treasure box in my favorite shade of blue, there's a lovely hand towel hiding underneath.
That heavenly soap.
Pencils and suckers and jelly beans for the Rufflings, and you can see the cute pennant banner with the ruffle. It says "loved," and oh my gosh did I feel loved!
Can't wait to see you this summer!!! xoxoxo

2 comments:
I love friendships like that! Glad you had a wonderful time!
i laughed so hard when you said you hope you don't see a picture of mitchy like that on the internet someday. haha! and i'm glad you loved the treasures in the box. thanks so much for your sweetness and friendship. i am lucky and blessed. xoxoxo
Post a Comment