Dawson lost his 1st tooth on Monday! He is also an official Tiger Cub in Scouts now, so I figured I'd post pictures of both his ceremony and missing baby tooth, along with the latest round of comments that have had me cracking up. And wow was that tooth tiny! Breaks my heart to think that's the same tiny tooth that was his very 1st tooth, and now it's gone:( I made him a little tooth pillow to tuck it in and I've pulled out his teeny dental cast off and looked at it probably 5 times this week, sigh...
Ella went to Art Camp at church this week so while we were discussing the projects she made, Dawson added this to the conversation: "I hated art class at Link, art terrifies me."
The bigger kids are becoming more aware that Daddy isn't well and is usually in pain and not himself. Ella has tearfully asked a couple of times if he is going to die, and we do our best to reassure her. But when she asked the other day if Todd was going to die, Dawson offered this comforting reply and said "well Dad's already half dead anyway!"
I asked the kids to write a list of things they want to do this summer, cut them up into strips and put them in a jar for us to choose from. When I asked Dawson what activities he wanted to try he said "I'd like to start flight school."
Dawson was excited to show me the town he'd built out of Lincoln Logs, it was impressive so I was surprised to see it broken down a bit later. Worried the twins had ruined it, I cautiously asked Dawson about it, he answered "well I know you like broken down, old stuff, so I ruined it for you so you would like it more."
Mitch is such a mellow boy for the most part, but can be incredibly whiny. He was power-whining about something in the car and Dawson said in a disgusted tone "wow Mitch, do you even know about the fruits of the Spirit?"
Charlie mentioned something about spit being mucous and Dawson offered this correction: "no Charlie, mucous is like...it's like nose gravy."
Charlie is loud, ALWAYS, he even breathes loud, and it gets on everyone's nerves in the car when he yells and hollers and carries on, so Dawson got frustrated and said "please stop it Charlie, you're making my ears sweat!"
We were talking about liberty and freedom and Dawson agreed that we live in a great country "except deciding that kids can't have alcohol is crazy."
1 comment:
I like the last one......can you imagine your kids on....alcohol!! LOL!!!
Post a Comment