12.21.2013

Bar M Ranch 'n' it

We spent Thanksgiving at the Ranch again and had such a great time! We made a full time job out of relaxing, cooking, eating, and playing Mexican train and Scrabble. There was also a polar bear plunge, fishing, hiking, shooting icicles off the cliff with all sorts of guns, double-dog-dare-you walks in the pitch black {no flash lights allowed}, Christmas magazine browsing, Pinteresting, Christmas movie watching, Xboxing, peeing off the swinging bridge {a huge hit with my boys}, eating, eating, and more eating. I wore yoga pants and hoodies 3 out of the 4 days. Can't get much better than that. And as if all of that weren't awesome enough, we even got a dusting of snow and chopped down our Christmas tree in the woods. We brought home lots of memories, and a couple of extra pounds. Both will be with me for years to come I'm sure.
On our way!
Are we there yet?!
We made it! My parents arrived first and had cute little lanterns lit in all the windows. 
I had to bring some our favorite Christmas books for bedtime stories.
We woke up to a dusting of snow. This made me very happy.
I was on breakfast duty our first morning. Egg Mc Ruffins;)
I am forcing one of my nieces to have their wedding in this barn.
My Mom showed us around the cute little mercantile that they open when camps are running. They even have a Bar M soda.
Love this cabin, it's namesake was our hometown growing up.
 Dawson's one special food request was Italian sodas. Lime of course. So cute because it reminds me of Aaron.
Thanksgiving Day. Time to gobble till you wobble.
Aunt Stephy brought fun crafty projects for the kids so they could decorate the Thanksgiving table.
The guys outside smokin'. The prime rib that is. I'm sure it was just an excuse to be outside and away from being asked to help with dinner.
This picture makes me smile.
 Getting ready for the feast! The kids had the swinging doors shut so it would be a surprise. I was naughty and peeked.
Tryptophan is kicking in.
One of many rounds of midnight Mexican train.
Much needed nap after a stressful week at work.
Cocoa, Scrabble, and crazy hair.
The ever patient Papa.
 Post-hike s'mores.
Gals with guns. 
 Snuggles and giggles with Ninny.
The natural hot spring. So fun!
 My Mom was convinced my Dad was cheating and plotting her demise during a round of Mexican train, so she created this shield.
Bethanne brought some Christmas cheer so we did a bit of decorating. We had a Christmas candle burning and Christmas music playing as soon as Thanksgiving dinner dishes were done:)
 Dudes doing breakfast dishes. Nothing sexier.
My Mom's Christmas card picture request. The guys wanted nothing to do with holding the Merry Christmas sign.
The old granny and gramps with the cutest grandbabies in the history of ever. Minus Aaron and Meagan, sniffle.
Inseparable.
 Mitchy was trying to help Charlie down:)
Mitch requested that I gel his hair this day. Knew we were planning to try for Christmas card pics so I hesitated, but he was 100% convinced I needed to gel it. He told me "Addy {at school} says I look like a baby cuz of my hair, so you need to make it cool."
 My camera went on the fritz and some of the best candid pictures I took this day were never saved to my memory card. Including some amazing pictures of Ella, such a bummer.
My Dad is notorious for dangerous rough housing that gives Moms heart attacks. One time he swung me around by my overalls as a toddler super fast and my straps broke. I fell on my head which explains a lot.
Ella snuck into the "guy" photo. Stinker.
Um, Charlie in this picture cracks me up. Can't tell if that's a sweet smile or a "I'm going to take you down" smile.
A {tree} hunting we will go!
Dawson loves his BB gun.
 Ella hid in this hollowed out stump and tried to scare all of us.
 Todd "filing" down our tree. Apparently the saw was dull so he was being his sarcastic self;)
 On the road again, heading home to Christmas time!
I can't remember the last time 3 of our 4 kids fell asleep in the car. Bliss. The ranch done worn 'em out.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Sigh......looking at these made me want to do it all again! Except we need Meagan and Aaron there!! It was a great a Thanksgiving!!