2.06.2011

Dawson's Ditties

I've been trying to teach Dawson how to write his name. Ella learned this in 2 days, Dawson is taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r (he doesn't give a rat's bottom about writing his name). It's so cute though, when he thinks he's messed up a letter he says he's going to "cancel that one" instead of erase it.


Some days Dawson asks me about sugar constantly. We'd been having one of those days so when I saw him go to the pantry (our yummies are stored there) I gave him "the look". He gave me this explanation: "I went to the pantry to osess (obsess) about treats on accident."

"Mom, triangles are not squares." Now that's profound.

Me: "Why did you just head-butt me in the tummy?!" Dawson: "Because I love you, that's why!"

Todd took Dawson to breakfast at Old European over Christmas. Ella and I were planning to go out with
Kel and Olivia, so they had a Daddy/Son day. Ella asked if she could go next time and Dawson said,
"Ella, you can't come, I need to go to the waffle place and have some peace and quiet."

Dawson is always chatty at bed time, which I love. We have some of our best discussions then:) Last night's topic centered around throw-up, oh joy. He described it this way, with very animated gestures "throw-up is when green vinecar (vinegar) goes up yer 'sophagus and then...shoots out yer mouth."

While watching Veggie Tales he commented "but cucumbers don't have families! You're supposed to bring cucumbers home, wash 'em, and cut them up for salad."

"Mom, say 'Dawson, let's have a Skittle.' Go ahead Mom, say that."

Dawson worries about the weirdest things. The other day he was concerned that I was going to have a yard sale and sell the pants he was wearing. I told him I would only get rid of things we don't need or use and he said "well maybe I'll put you in a box and donate you!"







1 comment:

Marci said...

You and your sis were very chatty at night too.....Those times are some of your dad's fondest memories :)