How did Ella get to be 7 whole years old? My baby girl is seven. And I look over at her and the moment takes me over. I feel like the busy-ness of the house quieted as I looked at her - in my old robe, the one my Mom made me when I was a little girl. She's so much like me. I think she would've picked the ocean blue flowers too instead of pink. My robe is too small for her, but she loves to wear it and I hate thinking that I'll be packing it away soon for her little girl. And she's reading. And it's not just that she's reading, which is crazy enough, but she's reading a chapter book. I know I was here for every.single.second, but sometimes I just don't know how we got here so fast.
And yes, that IS a toilet paper tube in her lap. It's her pirate telescope, at least for tonight. Tomorrow it may be a horn that will knock down the walls of Jericho.
3 comments:
Man, I know what you mean~I just can't believe our girls are even in grade school, let alone reading, and chapter books! Olivia checked out some really cute Fairy chapter books from the library, I think Ella would like the series, I'll give you the info!
Love the robe!
hmmm...makes me sad. time goes too fast. love how much you love her. ♥
I feel your pain :0) Just wait until your babies are having babies!!
Post a Comment