4.01.2012

Say Cheese!

Congratulations are in order, I am the proud, new owner of a digital SLR, yipeeee for me! Todd got me a Canon Rebel T3i and I am in LoVe with it. After I had a little meltdown, yet again, about closing the baby chapter, he surprised me with this long awaited camera and said "since I can't give you more babies, at least you can take really great pictures of the ones you already have." Sweet guy. It is a complicated little thing, but it seems less scary with my Mickey Mouse camera strap on it from Disneyland, circa 1999. I'm going to take a class because I know I'll never figure this thing out on my own, and I want to unleash this beast! I've had fun playing with it, the picture of the pink roses is the first picture I took on it. Amazing how crisp and clear it is, and how the exposure is spot on even with me behind the lens, not knowing what half the buttons do! The next few are of flowers again, I'm a nerd, I know. I'm working on a cookbook to pass on to Ella, so I've been playing around with my new camera taking pics of food ~ at least scones and soups and pasta dishes sit still. Although if you look closely at the Breakfast Puff picture I was taking to go along with the recipe, you can see that Mitchy snuck his little hand in the photo. Little stinker, apparently even still life photos aren't still around here. Oh and thanks to Ella, I have a picture of me taking a picture;) And if you catch me trespassing in some field on Green Bluff, or sneaking into a barn, or dangling from a bridge at Manito...just pretend you didn't see me. Me and my camera have big plans for summer.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Congrats on your new camera! That's so excited and so sweet of Todd. Happy picture taking!

Marci said...

Great photos!! The colors are so vibrant....love the ones with the roses