11.03.2012

So long summer!

I know, I know. Who posts pictures of summer in November?! I'm a loser. I could blame it on the fact that my computer crashed and burned, and by the time we bought a new laptop and the Geek Squad got {most of} my hard drive recovered, almost a month had passed. But honestly, I probably wouldn't have been on here anyway. I am such a bore lately and haven't had much to share. Just the chaos of a happy life. So here it is, better late than never ~ a quick re-cap of those last blissful weeks of summer. Seems like yesterday, yet here I sit, looking out my kitchen window at gold and red and orange leaves, the rain pouring down, a fire burning in the living room. I always hate saying goodbye to summer, but now I'm falling for Autumn...
I seriously think we spend half of our summer and Fall at Green Bluff. 
Dawson wore this interesting get-up, complete with a rifle, on one of our many trips to pick raspberries.

 Todd's sis celebrated her 40th birthday, and we had a blast at the Davenport living it up on a girl's night out. We enjoyed a spa treatment, had dinner, dessert, spent the night giggling into the wee hours of the morning in our hotel room. Oh and I saw Rod Stewart at the restaurant! I guess his son plays hockey and their team was in Spokane. 
This was the gift I brought for Suzanne;)
Girl time. Love seeing these two together, always a smile from ear to ear.
Charlie, my little heart breaker.
The kids love when Todd and I hold their legs and hands and swing them back and forth through the air. One...two...threeeee! I had to take a picture of Dawson's dirty little pigs when he put them up for me to grab so he could take his turn swinging. This is a sure sign of summer in my world, and one of many reasons why my kids bathe EVERY SINGLE DAY!
We went to a family wedding on the lake this summer, and Mitchy found some props from the photo booth and wore them all night long. He had us cracking up with those ghetto glasses and that leopard fan. He danced his little heart out once it got dark, rocking this club look like he was from the Jersey shore.
My sis, 2 of my boys, and one of my beautiful nieces, Bethanne.
LoVe this picture, Ella's expression as she looks at her Daddy is so, so sweet. And I guess I should write a disclaimer here: I did NOT dress Ella like this for the wedding. She stole props from the photo booth, too. Our kids are weird.
Here are the photo booth pics in all their glory.


This is what I woke up to on my 35th birthday. My sweet bed buddy...
A house littered with homemade cards and notes...
And Ella's little surprises for me on the table. I love that she re-gifted me a gift that she gave me years ago;) And she covered the table in heart sprinkles and candy, sweet girl.
My mom and sis took me out junking, then to Clover for dinner. I love our little birthday nights out!
We went to Coeur d'Alene lake and park for the day. We later discovered that we had left the door to our car open for hours, with an iphone, my purse and keys to the car sitting in plain view on the console. And I don't mean we left the car door open as in unlocked, I mean open! Holy cannoli. It's a miracle that nothing happened, but I honestly think people assumed that no one would actually be dumb enough to walk away from their car like that, so they probably figured we were right around the corner and coming right back and so they left it alone?! I have reached pathetic new lows since having 4 children. I truly think that the kids get smarter every year and I get dumber. Is dumber even a word? See, I don't even know that any more! 
Snuggling up with a good book.
Whoever invented blue bubble gum ice cream should serve jail time.
My cousin Miranda and her husband Alan came to visit before their baby arrived. A warm night on the patio with good company and good food. Summer is sweet.

No comments: