Dawson said when he grows up he's either going to be a soldier, or a Tootsie Roll factory worker. Seems like quite opposite ends of the spectrum;)
Dawson brought home some very messy penmanship and when I asked why it was so sloppy he answered "I was writing with my eyes closed, thinking of you..."
Dawson came downstairs after getting dressed and said with a pout "nobody likes my sense of style"
Dawson informed us that "God's plan for me is NOT to drink beer in public places."
Dawson ran over to me and said "I'm coming to give you a kiss, and little hearts are going to go 'ding, ding, ding' over my head."
Dawson was talking about a sentence he wanted to write and told me he wanted to put an "excitement mark" at the end;)
Dawson is not a dare devil by nature so I was impressed to see him cruising downhill on our driveway on his bike. I told him I was proud of him and he said "it's pretty scary going downhill fast, but I thought, well, I've got this helmut on to protect my brain so...let's go for it!"
Dawson still thinks he's going to marry me when he grows up and told me this "when we get married I'm going to have a present for you behind my back, something you've always wanted. What have you always wanted?" I told him "you, you are something I've always wanted."
Apparently Dawson has our honeymoon planned. He said we are going to Disneyland, then Hoo-waii then Galapagos to snorkel. The twins asked if they could come and Dawson said "no, it's just the two of us. Duh, we're getting married."
At TJ Maxx Dawson told me he didn't think it was fair that "Adam and Steve were the first people God made." I tried not to laugh as I corrected him and said it was Eve, not Steve. Then he said "well it doesn't really matter, none of us are real anyway, we're all robots. At least that's what someone at school said."
I had all 4 of the kids at Lowe's at some guy called out to me in the parking lot "those can't possibly be all your kids?! You look like you're 18!" I said "guilty! They're all mine and I wish I had some cash to tip you for the compliment even though it's a lie!" We laughed and went our separate ways and then Dawson said "you know Mom you do look 18, 'cept...'cept you probably should be a little skinnier to look 18."
Dawson, pointing to his testicles, asked Todd "what's in here?" Todd said "that is where the chemicals and cells that make you a man are stored." and Dawson said "ohhhh, so it's like a sack of weed killer."
We passed by the hospital and Dawson asked if that's where he was born, then proceeded to say "I don't get it, why do Mom's have to go to the hospital? Why can't they just lay on the couch and push their babies out then start milking them?"
At bedtime I was up brushing the kids' teeth and noticed the jar of flossers was almost completely empty and a huge pile of them in that trash. I asked "who dumped all the flossers?!" and Dawson replied "not me, I would never do that, you're my sweet little cherry."
This is all 3 of the boys' favorite book;)
3 comments:
oh he is the boy version of ila. i think he is perfection. love him. xo
and of course you look 18 duh. that is why (man, what was his name at the park while sledding?) wanted to sit on your lap! haha!
oh my goodness, I just want to hug him right now!
Post a Comment