6.14.2013

Garage to Gorgeous!

After 6 months of squeezing our family of 6 into two bedrooms, we were able to move into the master bedroom this winter and are the proud owners of a THREE bedroom house, ahh.... Amazing how Todd's dad transformed our attached garage into this beautiful master suite, I feel like I get to sleep at a Bed & Breakfast every night! Well, minus the obnoxious elipti-kill machine in the corner it feels like a B & B. Oh and the kids are always in our bed, so that's not really like a Bed & Breakfast either, and I  have to make everyone's breakfast, so just forget I said that. It's a beautiful bedroom that is defiled by our children. And although I never thought I'd miss having an attached garage {and I definitely do} it was so worth it, even when I have to go outside in the snow to grab an extra gallon of milk from the extra fridge:) We feel so much more at home now that the kids are situated in their rooms instead of having 4 mattresses scattered on the floor of one room! Larry tracked down the last bit of our siding in Spokane, it was blue but once painted, you can't even tell there was a garage door there. Todd did the electrical, and I was only concerned a couple of times about this fact. One time he said "I'm supposed to have only 2 wires but I have three....I hate when that happens, oh well." Hmm, maybe I'll make sure to not run the dryer and the vacuum at the same time. So here are a few before pictures and the piece de resistance! My favorite part is the ceiling, although it was a pain in the you-know-what to paint all those grooves, especially when you're painting above your head. We were powered by Coke and Lays potato chips and some good Christmas music. We roughed in a master bathroom as well but will have to wait to finish it. It will either be Disneyland or a tub and tile, we shall see...I'm having fun making it cozy and just painted our wood picture frames Florence green, and I think it adds the perfect touch. Larry, thank you for all of your hard work and expertise! I'd say we think of you every time we go to bed, but that would be weird.
Nigh-night

No comments: