6.26.2013

Glitter is the Herpes of the craft world

I don't get my craft on as often as I used to, but I needed to make 2 baby gifts so I made a blanket and then decided to make a squishy whale for the other gift. Kind of an odd choice I guess, but the baby lives in San Francisco {along with his parents;)} and I thought a whale would be fun. I was on a roll so I made another, they are super cute and super soft, and all of my kids tried to steal them. I found the blue one tucked away up on Dawson's bed the day I finished it. Not surprised he was the thief since he's obsessed with all things silky and  cozy. And I took a risk making my tomboy a little rag doll, but she absolutely loves it and has slept with it ever since. I used some scrap muslin for the body and just free-handed the shape, sewing a scrap of lace where the body met the legs to create the look of a slip. I used a shirt of Ella's that was one of my faves when she was a toddler and made a little dress, and used another of her old t-shirts to make tiny legwarmers. I made felt hair and "braided" it and an itty bitty heart for the lips, blue French knots for eyes and she was done.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You are so talented! I am a little bit jealous!