Goodness sakes I just love summer! We have already tucked away some great memories, more to come before the school bell rings. We haven't done anything spectacular I guess, just a lot of ordinary things that become what you remember most. If you ask me, almost everything good happens outside ~ in the woods, our front yard, around a fire pit, at the edge of the water...
And we're off to explore the Indian painted rocks
Picnic dinner with the mosquitos
Nature's slide
Monkey see...
Monkey do
The kids were underwhelmed by these ancient scribbles
My trail buddy
Ahhh...nothin' like a summer night
Epic outdoor movie night. The Rufflings first viewing of the original Star Wars. Daddy said it was time.
Air Show!
Always fun looking at all the pilots, I mean planes
Love the expression on Dawson's face, total awe!
The Thunderbirds were AmAZiNg! Ella looked over at me and asked "Mommy, why do you have goosebumps? It's so hot out here!" They were that good.
Of course Todd knew every question to ask. How do boys know about every engine, gun, tank, missile, bomb, instrument, gear...it's some sort of built-in genetic man code.
Our happy place down by the waterfall
Ella has spent many hours over the summers trying and finally caught a bunch of baby fish!
Farm Chicks
Clipping my favorite flowers from the yard
Chronicles of Narnia is bedtime magic
Yard sales by morning, pizza for lunch at our favorite spot, then off to the park. Perfect summer day
Ella and Liv off to Art Camp on crazy hair day
Noodle and Bean
Getting ready for the dance performance
Ella's the fuzzy thing on the far right
One day's bounty from my garden

Making patriotic snacks for the 4th!

Bald eagle cookies! When I told the kids we were going to make eagle cookies for the 4th, Mitchy asked "we're making cookies out of eagle meat??"



Our patriotism is packed and we're ready to head to the lake for America's big birthday bash
Making patriotic snacks for the 4th!
Bald eagle cookies! When I told the kids we were going to make eagle cookies for the 4th, Mitchy asked "we're making cookies out of eagle meat??"
Our patriotism is packed and we're ready to head to the lake for America's big birthday bash
4th of July at the lake!
1, 2, 3....jump!
We love Chica and Pinto, mini donkeys that stole our hearts
Love the reflections

Dawson is just soaking it all in
Our pro frisbee thrower. Mitch has this down! {red frisbee on the far right}
Little Spokane River

We went to visit my parents while Todd was in Chile. Stopped by the office and Ella pretended to be my Dad, ready for a counseling session with his coffee and Bible
Grocery shopping mayhem and foolishness
Mowing with Papa
Mowing for Papa
The firing squad
I spy Charlie. There's just something about my kids in my garden that does my heart good
Barefoot in the garden

Thought we'd get a break from the Tri-cities heat when we made it home, but was in the hundreds here too! Friends with pools are the best kinds of friends;)
Yard sale vase and flowers from my yard make me a happy girl
X marks the spot

Manito rose garden
Sleeping in, one of summer's sweetest blessings
I love thunderstorms so when I saw these clouds roll in, I was a happy girl. Little did we know... This is the Fred Meyer parking lot, by the time we left, that CRAZY storm was just hitting. Trees were falling on the road in front of us as we were driving home, was pretty scary. And of course Todd was out of town so I was even more on edge.
Class clown
Girl's night. Mama needed this
Picnic dinner with a view. This is the life
Yard sale treasures!

The dudes
After dinner we raced home for a quick bath, put on our jammies and raced down town to watch the fireworks on the hood of the car
Skating at Pattison'sWe love Chica and Pinto, mini donkeys that stole our hearts
Japanese Garden
Little Spokane River
Grocery shopping mayhem and foolishness
Chillin' out at my parents'
It was Todd's birthday while he was in Chile, so I thought I'd send him a sultry picture. Ella and I laughed so hard while I was attempting to look sexy.Mowing for Papa
The firing squad
I spy Charlie. There's just something about my kids in my garden that does my heart good
Barefoot in the garden
All dressed up and no where to go
Hiking Mt. Spokane
These little butterflies kept landing on the kids, so magical. Todd: "I love butterflies, they're like flying flowers!"
Hmmm, trail closed sign. Rufflings on trail. Seems about right.X marks the spot
Manito rose garden
I may have rubbed off on the kids, they borrowed my camera and took about 972 photos of roses
There has been lots of this. And when the softballs go missing, we use apples from our treeSleeping in, one of summer's sweetest blessings
I love thunderstorms so when I saw these clouds roll in, I was a happy girl. Little did we know... This is the Fred Meyer parking lot, by the time we left, that CRAZY storm was just hitting. Trees were falling on the road in front of us as we were driving home, was pretty scary. And of course Todd was out of town so I was even more on edge.
Class clown
Girl's night. Mama needed this
Picnic dinner with a view. This is the life
Yard sale treasures!
Green Bluff is food for the soul. We picked raspberries for jam, and Rainier cherries, and of course had ice cream {and pie for Mom}
Oh how I love you sweet, sweet summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment