So the "babies" turned 5 and it honestly came so fast. Never did I think, while nursing, changing, burping, rocking them both around the clock, that we would ever get here, and I definitely didn't think it would feel like it got here fast! I always wish I could somehow write what I feel in my heart about my kids, these milestones are so important and if I could only open the tiniest window to my heart and let all the memories and emotions and worries and treasures flow out, I could fill a thousand books. There is nothing more precious, more exhausting, more challenging, heart-wrenching, joyful, blissful or humbling than being a Mom. And the twins have certainly upped the ante in all categories. "Lord I love these boys!" and "Lord have mercy!" frequently go through my mind within seconds of each other. And these two couldn't be more different if they tried, which definitely makes them double the fun, and double the trouble!
*********
We had to make some changes in the plans for their birthday party. They wanted a penguin pool party which I thought was adorable. An icy theme on a hot, late June afternoon. Little did we know we'd be hot-less and pool-less...We were going to go to my parents' house in the Tri-cities and have a pool party at their friends' house, and of course my party-loving self kicked into high gear thinking about all the cute decorations and food I could make. The pool would be our Antarctic waters, snowflakes hanging everywhere, icy drinks and snowy treats...But their pool cracked and had to be drained and re-tiled, so we quickly switched gears and thought we'd do a small family party here at home, then go to the pool and swim that afternoon. But...it POURED rain that day and was 70*, so we just did a simple party at home and then were able to swim another day with some friends. Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape!
My sis and I hit a yard sale in May and found this adorable, super soft Mama and baby penguin stuffed animal, brand new with the tags still on, and for $1! I was so excited but of course what to do about the other twin...but this lady actually had 2! A "cool" blessing;)
Swedish fish to snack on
They picked out these top hats when we were getting their balloons! Of course Charlie is always in character
I made glacier punch ~ blue Koolaid ice cubes in Sprite. And I looked EVERYWHERE for blue Koolaid and finally found it at Walmart, go figure;)
All 3 boys are OBSESSED with Star Wars!
I wrapped Mitchy's little bird in a Cracklin' Oat Bran box and he actually was okay with it when he thought that's what we'd gotten him!
Releasing a wish with their birthday balloons!
Making good on the pool part of their birthday plans with the L's
Daddy's doing the slide
Party's over, it's official, they're a whole hand. We'd celebrated the weekend before, so had to do candles and donuts on their real birthday
Here's who they are at 5...
I'll start with Mitch since he's the oldest, by a whopping 16 minutes.
Best friend: Elijah
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: chef salad
What I want to be when I grow up: an Engineer like Daddy
What I'm good at: baseball, drawing
What I need God to help me work on: not sucking my thumb
What I'm afraid of: monsters
Favorite sport: baseball
Favorite place: Space Needle and Disneyland
Where I would go if I could: Oakland, California {I'm cracking up about this one}
Favorite treat: carrot cake
Favorite animal: penguins and all birds
CHARLIE
Best friend: Elijah
Favorite color: orange
Favorite food: Mommy's peesketti {spaghetti}
What I want to be when I grow up: a pilot and a fire fighter
What I'm good at: hunting and football
What I need God to help me work on: not eating candy, not punching when I'm mad
What I'm afraid of: clowns! {smart kid}
Favorite sport: Seahawks football
Favorite place: Disneyland
Where I would go if I could: Hawaii
Favorite treat: orange cake
Favorite animal: moles, penguins, armadillos
1 comment:
Don't tell Charlie, but moles? That is about the most random favorite animal I have ever heard of. Adorable, but random.
Also I love that they love penguins and Star Wars. Must be a Ruff thing. :)
Post a Comment