2.21.2008

VALENTINE'S DAY!

We spent Valentine's Day at home, very low key, just hangin' with the babes. And you know, even though I'm a hopeless romantic - I'm sure this comes as quite a shock - it was really wonderful. I made heart shaped pancakes and pink milk for breakfast, Todd brought home a potted tulip and a card about pirates and booty (I'll leave the deeper meaning to your imagination) and Pizza Factory took care of dinner. Todd is admittedly a slacker in the romance department, so after over 12 years of marriage I've come to realize that maybe the chocolates, the flowers, the love songs really aren't what I need. Now am I saying that you shouldn't put effort into your marriage , of course not. It's important to make each other feel special and valued. But you know what, I have a husband that still says "I love you" at the end of every phone conversation, that holds my hand in the car, and thanks me every night for dinner as if he's pleasantly surprised that I cooked. So maybe that is romance. I'm grateful for my little bitty Valentine's too, being a Mom has given me the gift of experiencing true, unconditional love in a way that I never had before. I know one thing for sure, I still have a lot to learn about love.

In 1 Corinthians 13 the bible says this about it - I'm taking some liberty here with the wording.
Love is patient, even when I've been asked the same question 17 thousand times
Love is kind, and not just to the people who are good to me
It isn't jealous or stuck up
Love is happy even when someone else gets what I want
It's not rude or selfish, it looks out for the interest of others over my own
Love doesn't get angry or frustrated at the drop of a hat, or just because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed
Love doesn't remember the wrongs suffered or keep track of what other people have done to hurt me
It isn't happy when someone gets what's comin' to em
It always protects, it always trusts, it always hopes
Love presses on, it perseveres no matter what
LOVE NEVER FAILS

No comments: