I'm experiencing a little Post-election Stress Disorder today. Things didn't turn out the way we were hoping and praying, state wide or nation wide. I've got a batch of cupcakes in the oven to drown my sorrows...
I'm sorry things didn't go your way. I still love you and think you're beyond amazing...even if you are a die hard Republican! I'm baking cupcakes too...we're celebrating over here! :)
I'm sad too, I guess there is no other way to put it. This morning the kids and I had a great talk about the state of affairs in our country. I was reminded today to remember to pray for our leaders and to honor and respect them even if we disagree with them on matters. Our kids need to hear this from us too as we have spent a lot of time lately talking about the subject, to make sure that they aren't being dishonoring now that our president has been chosen. By our fellow countryman & woman in fact. So let's pray for our neighbors too.
Let's keep looking up and let's rememeber that the Bible tells us that that the Lord channels the heart of the king like a channel of water. God can make our leader's hearts go in any direction that He wants them too. And of course, cupcakes make this a bunch easier to do....Love Mommy
3 comments:
I'm sorry things didn't go your way. I still love you and think you're beyond amazing...even if you are a die hard Republican! I'm baking cupcakes too...we're celebrating over here! :)
I'm sad too, I guess there is no other way to put it. This morning the kids and I had a great talk about the state of affairs in our country. I was reminded today to remember to pray for our leaders and to honor and respect them even if we disagree with them on matters. Our kids need to hear this from us too as we have spent a lot of time lately talking about the subject, to make sure that they aren't being dishonoring now that our president has been chosen. By our fellow countryman & woman in fact. So let's pray for our neighbors too.
Let's keep looking up and let's rememeber that the Bible tells us that that the Lord channels the heart of the king like a channel of water. God can make our leader's hearts go in any direction that He wants them too. And of course, cupcakes make this a bunch easier to do....Love Mommy
Post a Comment