11.24.2008

Twins Turn 12!

This was almost 5 years ago, but is it okay if I just remember you this way?.... I remember the day your Mom and Dad came out to our house to tell us that they were expecting twins. Your Mom was already 20 weeks along and had no idea until the ultrasound that 2 little babies were on the way. I was so distracted with our excited chatter on the front porch that I burned the homemade calzones I had in the oven to a crisp. I now understand a little bit more of what your parents may have felt that day...but for us, it was pure excitement. You arrived during Ice Storm, a memorable time all on it's own. Adam was staying with me and Uncle Todd, and since we didn't have power all week, and neither did Grandma and Grandpa, we had Dominoe's pizza for Thanksgiving dinner. You were so beautiful when you were born, huge, but beautiful. I've still yet to hear of twins that weighed as much at birth - 8# 7oz, and
7# 9oz. Since then, you have both grown so much. You are special to me in so many ways, two distinct people, totally in love with both of you. Happy birthday girls!

Beeps -The First Born (just by about 30 minutes, but an oh so important 30 minutes)
I love your spunk, your humor, that making other people laugh makes you happy. You remind me a lot of myself (other than the slobby part) and I have a feeling your parents will capitalize on my insight into your genius mind. You have learned to trust the Lord with your heart, to give Him your disappointments, that's something even us grown ups struggle with. I am so proud of you. You are a shining star.


Rachy - The Baby Girl
You have a sweetness about you that is like no other. I love that you used to push me away when Uncle Todd was holding you, he was yours, not to be shared. You are diligent and hardworking, and I can most relate to your Type A personality, love it! You show so much maturity and kindness and I know that who ever is blessed to know you will appreciate your sweet, tender spirit. Your hugs brighten up any day.

No comments: