Now that the babies are getting older I thought I'd make them a little blankie to have for snuggling on the couch, and then they'll have something soft and snuggly for bedtime when they get a bit bigger (I'm still too paranoid to let them sleep with a blanket at this age). So I got to sewing and finished Mitchy's over Christmas and he loves it. It was so cute, I brought it to him after bath and just laid it out on the floor and told him it was his blankie. He was so sweet, he laid on it and rubbed it with his hands and cheeks. Charlie came over to check it out and Mitch screeched and pushed him off of it (see 2nd picture for a snap shot of the aforementioned screeching and pushing). It's super soft and a little while later I caught Dawson, our resident snuggle -bug, sneaking a snuggle with it and sucking his thumb. Todd wants me to make him a Snuggie out of that same fabric, he says his arms get cold when he plays X-Box, and apparently blankets just slip off when he's doing his animated arm gestures (I don't think he knows they aren't real guns and real people in a real war. He gets pretty into it). But I think Snuggie-wearing is grounds for divorce. I mean seriously, have some dignity.
2 comments:
Haha, I'm with Todd, I would totally wear a snuggie made out of those fabrics ;) Love that blanket, it's so perfect for little Mitchy(aka Todd) That picture of Dawson melts my heart, he really is so tender. I miss it when Liv sucked her thumb and held onto her silky!
You have the CUTEST thumb-sucking kids I have ever seen!!! They are absolutely darling. Nice job on the sewing! I have NO idea when you found time to do that--I'm imagining some late nights! Snuggies...PLEASE make one and post a picture of Todd wearing it! You married a funny man. And that act guarantees you will (do!) have funny KIDS!
Post a Comment