2.12.2011

Random Stuff

*Lately I've been saying the word "obviously" too much, which is annoying, obviously
*I've really started to hate excercise. Sporty, outdoorsy stuff, love it. Intentional exercise I despise.
*I think about Disneyland a lot. I don't think that's normal. Speaking of which, just about the only thing that will get me to consider running is the half-marathon at Disneyland. D, I may be able to go with you but I'll have to walk it with a fanny-pack full of snacks.
*I hate that I think about Todd's next business trip as soon as he comes home from his business trips. Instead of thinking "he's home for 4 weeks!" I think "he's leaving again in 4 weeks..." I'm turning into a glass-is-half-empty girl in this department for sure.
*Dusting is probably one of my least favorite chores, oh, and ironing Todd's really  l o n g  slacks.
*I CAN'T WAIT for my laundry room overhaul to be finished! More to come on this...
*I can't chew mint gum, it makes my throat all froggy and tight. Weird huh?
*I painted Ella's nails the other night and she asked if she could paint mine. Course she can. Problem was that I got so busy chasing kids that I forgot to remove it for a few days. I had polish slapped all over my nails, cuticles, fingertips...I told Todd I was embarassed that I'd been walking around town looking like a 5 dollar hooker, he said I was being too hard on myself and that I looked like at least a 10 dollar hooker.
*I need to get a new book of piano music, I'm still playing Christmas music in February.
*I could eat Mexican food every day of my life and probably never get sick of it.
* I put Charlie's hair in pig tails the other day just to annoy Todd, it amuses me. Mitch is lucky that he only has peach fuzz still.
*I have sugar cookies in the oven that I'm pretending to make for the kids as a Valentine treat, but really they're for me.
*I stuff my face in the babies' crib sheets so I can smell them before I put them in the wash because it smells like their buttermilk breath. Again, I don't think this is normal.
* It took 3 days of serious contemplation before I decided to throw out the baby spoons that have been taking up a caddy in the silverware drawer since we had Ella. I actually had to talk out loud to myself as I threw them away "you can do this Laura..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little thought about the mint gum...it might be an allergy. I have a few friends that say the same thing and they found that it was an allergy.

...and, maybe, when all our kids are in school all day long...we should go eat Mexican food. It's my favorite, too. :-)

Dawn said...

I think about Disney every day too. I don't think I would run a marathon there though. It would be too hard to eat the Mickey ice cream bars. I have a job just so I can fund the Disney cruise and Disneyworld combo in December.

I still have a few baby spoons. My kids are 12.5 and 9.5. I use the excuse that there may be friends who bring babies here and they might need a spoon.

See, your mostly normal. It's all about who you talk to.

LAURA said...

I actually have toddler spoons still so that helps, and I will take your advice and hold on to those indefinitely for "friends." Love and miss you, when are we doing the Princesses Tour of Disneyland? Next year? Have a churro for me at Disneyworld. XO

Kelli said...

haha~well, i am laughing about a few things~are you sure you weren't supposed to be mexican instead of italian ;) um ya, i still have baby spoons in my silverwaire drawer too, it's sick isnt' it?! i too love the smell of my kiddos drool/ dried spit, their sleep smell in general. shane thinks i am so gross. when j wakes up, i love to smell near his lip where his spit has dried. okay i am sure anyone reading your comments it's completely repulsed right now! i want to put barrets and piggies in j's hair all the time, another sick thing ;) so i get it~haha!