6.08.2011

Mitchy


Mitchy and I have finally met in the middle, I think. He's finally becoming a bit of a Mama's boy {so happy}, and after spending a year trying to figure him out, I think I've slowly but surely discovered how he needs to be loved. And may I say that having a child that is literally a miniature of your spouse is interesting insight...I know not to be too chipper in the morning when he wakes up ~ he doesn't appreciate being covered in kisses and listening to my happy voice because I'm excited to see my babies again on a fresh, new day. Oh, unless he's chatty, then it's okay if I am. But if he's quiet and still sucking his thumb and rubbing his belly button, I know I need to calm the heck down. I know that he likes to sit next to people, not on their lap. And even though he doesn't love excessive kisses, he does love to have his hair and hands stroked. I know that he likes to sit on big chairs instead of his high chair, and that he doesn't like his food cut up, and that he has to have two-piece jammies so he can reach his belly button at night. And if he isn't sucking his thumb and rubbing his belly button at night, it's because he's sleeping with his arms folded behind his head. If only he were that calm in our bed ~ he sleeps like a tornado when he weasles his way into ours us at night. He adores Bailey and all doggies in general. I love that he calls me Mom ~ not Mama or Mommy, just plain Mom. And when he says it, sometimes it kinda startles me because his voice is deep like a little man. I love that he grabs me around the waist and lays his head on my back when I'm cleaning up the kitchen floor after meals. I think it's cute that he's worried about airplanes flying in the sky and bees and flies, but that he hugs strangers' dogs at the park, something he probably should be afraid of. He loves to be covered with soft blankets, and if any body part is sticking out he gets mad. When he's eating his bedtime snack he grabs my hand, takes me to the couch and pats the cushion and says "sit. Mom sit" so we can snuggle. He's obsessed with cars, trucks, tractors, boats...and sometimes brings his car book to bed with him or to his high chair while he's eating. He also has some sort of a shoe fettish. He always walks around with his hands in his pockets, or he'll fold his arms and sigh loudly when he's annoyed. He adores Charlie, who refers to Mitchy as "Kiki", and can't stand to be without his sidekick He still has thee best expressions ever, he can charm you or say "up yours" with just a look. And he is the WHINIEST little creature God every placed on this earth. When he sees something interesting he bends down with his hands on his knees, like an old farmer inspecting his wheat field. He is incredibly stubborn but mellow and laid back, a strange contradiction. With this little bit of summer sunshine, his hair went from blond to albino white, and his skin is the color of a baked potato. Mitchy is just good stuff, and it turns out he is becoming a lot like his namesake {did I mention he's stubborn but laid back?}To my very serious, very curious, very stubborn, very calm, very sweet little man ~ I love you so much baby boy. Knowing you makes me happy, and having you as my own makes me one lucky Mama, or should I say Mom.

P.S. If you're wondering why he has a Gorbachev-esqe mark on his face in some of the  pictures, it's a scratch. He was wearing Ella's pink snowboots and carrying a purse {see bottom picture} so we could walk to our neighbor's yard sale, and he tripped on the step and scraped his sweet face. Poor little lover. Luckily I found him a little R.V. at the yard sale to ease his troubles.

1 comment:

Marci said...

You used to sleep with your hands behind your head......I think I might even have a snap shot of you in your crib......I'll have to look and see.