8.21.2011

Dawson's Ditties

{March 2011 - August 2011}
Tickle torture:)
Ella had a half-day, so we had been playing board games while the twins napped. Even though it was freezing outside, the sun pouring in through the front windows was calling to me...I grabbed a pillow off the couch and laid on the floor to soak up some rays. My sweet Dawson went and grabbed my favorite blankie and another pillow and was laying next to me in a nano second. He snuggled up next to me and said "ahhhh, this is the life..."

Dawson asked me to "say 'ahh' so I can see the stalagmite in yer mouth." I think it's a stalagtite when it's on the ceiling of a cave, but still, our uvula does kind of look like that:)

Dawson told Ella "did you know Mommy is a nurse cuz she has a telescope and has milk in her boobies for babies." I sure wasted a lot of time and money in school if those are the only prerequisites.

This is very inappropriate but cracked me up. We were outside playing and it was super windy. A huge gust came by and Dawson shouted across the yard to his brothers "guys, you better hang on to yer peeeniiis!"

I hear this a lot from Dawson, as he squints one eye and  holds up his thumb and pointer finger about an inch apart, as if he's showing me how big a bug is...."you can't be a mommy if yer only this small!"

Dawson still substitutes "Y" for "L" in certain words. He says "Ella" perfectly etc, but here are my favorite substitutions:
Ella named her doll Lucky = Dawson calls her baby "Yucky"
When he shows me how to do something he says "watch and yearn."
And if someone is eating a treat they are a "yucky dog!"

If Dawson sees a fly he tells me to get the "fly spanker" instead of fly swatter:)

"Mom, do the milk pipes in yer boobies still work?"

Dawson: "Mom, when you eat food does it go down yer 'sophagus and then to yer boobies?
Me: "No, I wish!"
Ella: "Does it go down your esophagus and then to your buns?"
Me: "Unfortunately, yes."

This is the end of Dawson's bedtime routine with me, word for word, every night, exactly the same ~ and I don't want to forget....
D: "Can I hug you by holding you?"
Mom: "Yes please!"
*Then he stands up, gets to the edge of his bed and runs at me with his arms open wide saying "Mommmyyy!" while I say "Daaawson!" as he jumps into my arms.
D: "Can you rock me like a baby?"
Mom: "I'd love to."
D: Can you move my rocking chair back in my room so you can rock me like a baby when I used to cry?"
Mom: "I'll talk to Dad about it, but I can still rock you in my arms..."
As he sees the shadow on the wall of us rocking back and forth, he says "we look like a jar that's tipping over!"
D: (whisper) "Can you lay me carefully down like a baby."
Mom: (whisper) "yes...I love you"
D: "No, I love you!"
Mom: "Sleep tight."
D: "You sleep tight too Mommy (or more recently, sometimes he calls me Mrs. China Pants. Long story, don't even ask) I love you...please leave the door open a crack."
The End

"I want to buy one more Mommy just like you so I can hug 2 at the same time."

Two of the sweetest moments of my birthday a few weeks ago were waking up to Charlie {who was in our bed, yet again} rubbing my face and kissing me. Then later that day after I showered, Dawson was laying on my bathroom floor with his hands behind his head, just relaxing. He asked "what are you doing, Mom?" and I told him I was doing my hair and make-up since I had to go to a doctor's appointment. He said "you don't need to do all that stuff, you look beautiful to me already."

1 comment:

Marci said...

Ahhh how sweet!! What a love bug he is. Tell him that he has to reserve a hug for me!