We camped out with the kids in the yard again this Summer. We start off by setting up the tent early in the day so the kids can have fun playing in it, then for dinner we do a fire with hot dogs and s'mores for the whole gang, then we wait until the Littles go to bed and take the Bigs outside to "sleep" {this technically never happens}. The plan was to watch for falling stars, but the kids were being so SiLLy {the word obnoxious comes to mind, but silly sounds nicer} that we didn't see a single blasted one. They were too busy climbing on us to see any, and we were too busy being climbed on to see any. Sometimes I worry that when we take the kids camping in the woods that they'll be eaten by a bear or cougar, but honestly, I don't think a wild animal with any sense at all would come within a hundred yards of these kids, they are so stinking loud. Who needs a gun when you have obnoxious kids as protection? So we snacked and then finally convinced them it was time to go into the tent and go nighnight. I always wind up going back in the house anyway so I can hear the babies, but Dawson followed me in at about 11:30, Todd and Ella made it a few more hours until their their toes froze.
I tried to snap pictures without the flash, but for the photo to turn out when it's dark the subject has to sit still. I'll give you one wild guess how well that worked out. But even though some of them are blurry I had to include them, Dawson's expressions crack me up.
Dawson is working up a good whine here, he wants his toy back, now...
Charlie will take care of that whining sound
Fake sleep was the only sleep to be had. Ella is terrible at fake sleeping
Sigh...I miss Summer already.
No comments:
Post a Comment