10.10.2011

Water Babies

Our big pool died last year, which was kind of nice in a way because even with a fence and lock, it always freaked me out to have it with the kids around. So we had fun with the Slip & Slide {or is it Slippin' Slide?...}, sprinklers, and the little pool. I LOVE to be in the water, and Ella does too but maybe not to the extent I was as a kid. I spent every waking hour of the summer at Pan Hot Springs with my sister and cousins. But I think we finally have a Ruffling that is half fish ~ Charlie. I've never really thought we'd have a child that would jump off the side of the pool, or go under water {on purpose} at barely 2, but Charlie is that child. Holy Moly, he has no fear, which is not a good thing if you ask me. So any time the pool was out I had to literally be in it, I would pull up a chair and put my feet in so that I could be in arms reach of this crazy nut. He would jump in, dive in, go under water, swirl, splash, back float....Then I would immediately drain it. It was kind of frustrating for Ella because if I had to run in the house to make dinner or finish some other project up, I had to empty it so Charlie McFish wouldn't go in alone. Charlie also discovered that if he drug the wiggly worm sprinkler over to the blanket where Daddy was relaxing and sprayed him, that he could get a pretty spectacular reaction;) Mitchy and Dawson had to be coaxed in, they preferred to just take a short dip when they got too hot digging ditches with their shovels or if they needed a little break from driving the Gator. Sissies!
The End!

1 comment:

katy said...

i love you and your adorable kids! i want twin boys! and i saw that ice cream photo on pinterest. you are pretty. todd is such a good daddy. can we be neighbors? xoxo