Todd and I both celebrate summer birthdays, exaclty one month apart. Have you noticed that once you get old, birthdays just don't really matter as much? I'm a party animal but even I feel like my birthday comes and goes without hardly a second thought. But they still come, unfortunately.
Todd spent his birthday doing this...
...because we had just spent the day with these people at the park.
Doesn't Dawson look naughty in this picture?
The day ended on a sweet note. I had just made him apple pie so he opted for carrot cake and made me promise not to put all 40-something candles on his cake;)Next up was little old me. The kids "helped" me make my birthday cake, and then defiled it with sprinkles {I'm partial to 2 particular sprinkles, one is represented here, along with 17 other varieties}.
My parents came into town the next weekend, so Mom & Steph took me to an Italian restaurant I'd been wanting to try, Italia Trattoria. My Mom has been to Italy so I wanted her opinion on how authentic it was, and she really liked it! We got 3 dishes and just shared between us so we could try everything ~ a salad and 2 main dishes, super yummy. Then zeppole for dessert, divine.
This is my sister really enjoying my Mom's story about who-knows-what.
This is how surprised I was that my Mom got me this Anthro scarf that I wanted. How did she know?! I was shocked, of all the things she could've gotten me, she must've read my mind;)

We stayed at our little spot on the patio until dark, it was so much fun catching up and
enjoying a meal together.

1 comment:
It was fun wasn't it? I love that pic of me and Steph too funny.....also the one of you being so "surprised" by my great ability to read your mind (HeeHee)
Let's go to dinner again real soon....I miss our girl times :)
Post a Comment