12.24.2012

8 was great, but 9 is DIVINE!

Wow, how did a dimpled 7 and a half-pounder, who arrived on a sparkly, snowy December night, grow to be this BiG girl? We are almost in the double digits {Lord have mercy} which means we are officially halfway through raising her. That means only 9 more years and she'll be an adult. WHAT?!?! Ella's special day fell on an extra busy one - I think it should be illegal to have to go to school on your birthday. And even though I was a bit spread thin, being on the tail end of one of Todd's trips, I did my best to make it special. And lucky for Ella we extended the festivities over the week, which was fun. And she has her hip-hop party to look forward to in a couple of weeks:) Todd took Ella and Dawson to the Fresh Beat Band concert in November as their gift, so I just got pj's for Ella to open on her official birthday. She's been begging me for footsie jams, and  I found pink ones with cupcakes, perfect. By the way, in my search for them I discovered, much to my horror, that they make footsie jammies for women. I imagine they are for single women;) Or maybe for women whose hotness is so extreme that they can pull off head to toe fleece. So anyway, she woke up to the birthday banner and her wrapped pj's in the morning, then it was the usual school rush. It was Dawson's school day at the Link, so I dropped Ella then ran Dawson to school, then back to NWC to stuff Ella's locker with a birthday card, her favorite candy bar, a bouquet of pink tea roses, and a birthday balloon. Later that day I was supposed to go to her class and bring the cupcakes we'd made and say "a little something" about Ella. It was fun to be with her classmates and share about her. One thing I just love about small schools is that most of the kids have been together since pre-school so they are really close. One of NWC's traditions on birthdays is to have the children go around and say something special about the birthday girl/boy. This was so precious, my Mom was in town to celebrate 2 of her grandkids' birthdays {Ella shares my nephew Adam's birthday} and so she was there and absolutely loved this part too. The children and her teacher said such precious, articulate, sweet, and funny things about our Ella. So touching. So then it was off to Dawson's school Christmas program, then back to pick Ella up, then back home for about 15 minutes before I had to leave for Life Services! Phew, I'm tired again just thinking about it. The next day Ella and I met up with her bestie Olivia to get their ears pierced! Which, like Kel said, better be their one and only piercing {although if they follow in their Mama's footsteps, this won't be their last;)}. Kelli and I could never had imagined that this event, which they'd begged us to allow them to do for a YEAR, would go down the way it did. So dramatic, so many tears, so much heart thumping nervousness. Kel and I had to try so hard to keep our composure because it was beyond theatrical and we could hardly stand it. I will laugh about this memory for years. We could've won $100,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos had we recorded it. So the day after that, we celebrated some more by having Ella's favorite dinner here at home, and more cake and ice cream, decorating gingerbread houses, and playing in the fresh snow with some of our favorite people ever. What a blessed girl she is, and how blessed our life is because she was born. My firstborn, the Mommy-maker, our sugar and spice ~ I can't imagine my life without her spunk, sunshine and spirit! Ella, you light up my life {and my temper}, I can't wait to see who you were destined to be...xoxo

Sister Wives;)
Leaving for our ear piercing date with Olivia and Kelli!
We're at the mall, our "surprise" is setting in and the girls are getting butterflies. Even a few tears are starting to flow. Bless their little hearts, they were SO nervous!
The build-up...Ella wanted me to feel how hard her heart was pounding;)
Now it's Liv's turn, Ella is standing by now that she's come through the other side, alive;)
Big GirLs with earrings, pretty major! I had to wait until I was fourteen to get my ears pierced!
Another milestone together for these baby girls. Sigh...

No comments: