4.10.2013

Birthday Bashes!

Um wow, thought I posted this in February, whoops.
I'm way behind, almost forgot about D & E's birthday festivities! Ella rocked out her 9th birthday with a hip-hop dance party at her dance studio. The girls had a blast and it was fun to put together her favors, reminded me of going to Thrifty's with my Mom and begging her for a silver Michael Jackson glove. I stuffed bags with a mesh glove, colorful hair extensions, Pop Rocks, Sassy Sours, and a CD of some of Ella's favorite songs {at the moment}. Dawson partied Angry Bird style at Spokane Gymnastics, a great place for a party in the dead of winter! Lots of things to jump and bounce and zip along on to get all that cabin fever right out of the system. And it tied in with the theme, which always tickles me pink.
I love my two Christmas babies, I don't think I could ever begin to express what Ella and Dawson mean to me. My heart was never the same after Ella was born, becoming a Mom changed every cell in my body.  And my sweet Dawson was the long awaited pregnancy that settled my heart and soul. Life was so blissfully simple with just Ella, still simple when Dawson arrived, just the 2 of the them. One girl, one boy, one Mama, one Daddy. Those were the golden years. Life moves so quickly that sometimes I feel like I don't even have time to enjoy, even though I desperately want to soak it all in. 9 years of Ella gone in a blink, 6 years of Dawson seem like a breath. No one asked me if it was okay if they grow up...
Ella's Party!
I am a far cry from a master cake decorator, they always taste really good, but...I'm embarassed to say that the mini ice cream cone on top that I sprayed with edible glitter and topped with silver sprinkles is supposed to be {wait for it....} a microphone.
The after-party;) We continued on at home that night with a dance party by the disco ball.
Dawson's Party!
Again, not the best looking Angry Bird cupcakes. I couldn't think of a way to make the birds without using fondant and all that fancy stuff. And since Dawson's favorite color is lime green, I went for the pigs. I dyed some white chocolate and dipped marshmallows that I'd cut in half in the green chocolate. They turned out pretty cute considering I worked that night and made it up on the fly when I got home. Luckily my parents were in town and my sister was over, so they made an assembly line by frosting them for me and I "decorated" them, I use that term loosely.
I kept it really simple, but added the feathers on top of the party hats for a birdy touch. I was too cheap to buy all the Angry Bird party supplies. Plus I think it's kinda fun to mix it up with home made things:)
 Poor Ella had to go home right in the middle of the party! She got really over heated and then got a tummy ache and thought she was going to throw up. Which she later did, awesome. Just thought we'd add a stomach flu as a party favor.
 Mitchy's lashes and mouth just melt me.
 This boy has me, hook, line and sinker.

No comments: