There are some new peeps in our family...
Say hello to our girls.
I can't believe how hard I've fallen for a handful of chicks. They are fluffy bundles of cheeping sweetness. The kids picked theirs out and I love that they each chose something unique, and for a reason that was special to them. So let's get to the introductions...
Ella picked out a Black Star, she named her {Rose}. Rose is shiny and feisty, just like the person who chose her.
Dawson had his heart set on a Silkie, we researched them for months and he really, ReALLy wanted one. But they are hard to find "by the each" and we didn't need a whole pallet full of chickens with crazy hair-do's. So after some salty tears he cowboy'd up and settled on a Polish, which will still grow a head full of wild feathers. So Dawson's girl is{Verbena}
Charlie's girl is {Daisy}, a Red Star. He chose her because his favorite color is orange. She is a real sweetheart and has to tolerate her owner who is very loving, but quite intense;) I can't even count how many times I've told Charlie "don't squeeze her guts out buddy, remember, soft lovin's...."
Charlie and Dawson are little lovers, and have been by far the most interested in helping me clean up after and take care of the chicks. And thanks to the 3 of us, these little chickens definitely aren't short on love and affection. When Charlie wakes up he tells me "let's go love on the girls Mommy."
Dawson & Daisy
Mitchy picked out a Speckled Sussex, and she is not only beautiful, she is by far thee sweetest chick on the planet {next to me of course}. Say hello to {Ivy}
This is one of my girls, a Buff Orpington, I named her {Magnolia} and she is so calm and loves to be held. She buries her face in my hand and falls asleep.
And last, but certainly not least, little {Violet}. I really wanted to have a "back-up"' chicken in case one didn't make it. It's not as if you can run to the store and buy a baby chick in October if you need one. But I'm not gonna lie, I just couldn't resist her, she is a ball of downy delight. She is an Araucana, which lay blue-green eggs. This baby chick makes me swoon!



















1 comment:
oh fun! everybody is getting chicks! wonderful. :)
Post a Comment