

It has been a very long winter here in good ole Spokane, and I was more than happy to say goodbye to it months ago. So I was rather annoyed when I woke up to SNOW this morning. I grew up in a tiny town in the mountains, and the summers were mild and the snow was up to our eyeballs all winter, and I loved it. I don't know if I'm just getting old and grouchy, or maybe it's because we live 30 minutes out of town on a windy road and the stress of transporting my precious cargo in bad weather just ruins it for me. I'm guessing it's probably a little of both. But I was downloading some pictures and saw these, and it actually made me miss all that gorgeous snow - just for a split second though, I don't want any fellow Spokanites to send me hate mail. It really was like living in a little snow globe, and it was beautiful. But I'm over it now. You know the one thing that has kept me from getting really anxious for the summer is knowing that it means my kids are getting older. I honestly would preserve them, as is, if I had a choice. Maybe it sounds strange to some of you, but I just hate that they are growing up. I am thankful that they are because it means they're healthy and that we are sharing another day together, but I just wish they could stay little forever. So as I flip the pages of my day planner and I start day dreaming about BBQ's, splashing in the pool, playing at the park, bike rides, and all the other delicious summer pleasures, I will remind myself that by the time August arrives, all I'll want to do is throw on a pot of chili, turn on the Christmas twinkle lights, and watch the snow fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment