11.02.2008

Humble Resolve

I love a lot of things about my husband, but one of the things I love most is his humility. He is so smart, so good at his job, so accomplished in his field. He is published in journals, speaks at the Governor's Health and Safety Conference, he was Engineer of the Year for the NATION yet he doesn't think he's hot stuff (I beg to differ). He doesn't toot his own horn, which means I can. Okay, a mental picture of Todd on a circus bike honking a horn just popped in my head, that was disturbing. Now, as I was saying... there's something really wonderful about a person who is amazing, but doesn't really know it. Todd was selected to attend a leadership conference last week. He spent 4 days in what he described as "The Apprentice" on crack. INTENSE. The man putting on the conference was from South Africa, and he said the most important quality in a great leader is humble resolve. He told Todd that he was a "quiet warrior" and now I have to listen to even more Native American references (Todd is part Sioux and everything from his choice of shoes, to how his skis fit, to his uncanny ability to tan in the dead of winter is all due to this, according to him). So here's to my quiet warrior and his humble resolve! I wonder how much humble resolve you have to have to get a raise...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I humbly agree!! A hundred fold!!
God answered all of my "mommy" prayers when he brought the Ruff boys into our lives.
Love,
Mommy

Anonymous said...

Go Todd!!!

Anonymous said...

GO TODD!!!