1.30.2009

Baby Belly, Again

This is a week 17 picture, sorry it's a little crooked, my photographer hasn't graduated from
Pre-K yet.I'm happy to say goodbye to the 4th month and hello to the 5th. Just one month closer to snuggling those delicious babies. They are moving around and constantly reminding me that they have taken over my body in every sense of the word, and I think I'm growing by the minute at this point. I had an appointment and ultrasound yesterday, my uterus is measuring about 4-5 weeks ahead of where it would be with just one little baby - yowza. My doc keeps encouraging me to load up on the calories since I haven't gained any weight (I on the other hand am not too concerned, I know how to throw down food), which coincides nicely with my latest craving - the potato. I had the same "problem" when I was pregnant with Dawson. I'll take 'em mashed, baked and of course my favorite, fried. Now I don't consider this an official craving because let's be real, I love french fries even when I'm not with child/children. So I would have to say my first real craving was something I'd never had until last week, Cookie Crisp cereal. I was in Target with the kids and it was as if the sky parted and heaven shone down this glorious light right over that box of chemical laden goodness. I went home and frantically poured a bowl with whole milk (the only way to eat naughty cereal if you ask me) and I have to say, it tasted better in my head then in real life. I haven't had any since, guess I'd just rather throw some chocolate chip cookies in the oven and pour a glass of cold milk to satisfy the need. But I think I know someone that may be interested in my remaining Cookie Crisp cereal...
So now that my tummy is s l o w l y feeling better, I'm just hoping I'm up to my usual churro eating capacity by the time we leave for Disneyland in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be honored to take the remainder of your Cookie Crisp:-) You definitely need to get ready for Churros! Nothing like a stroll through the park at night --cinnamon sugar goodness in hand! Ahhh so jealous!
~D

katy said...

Are you kdding me? Where are you hiding those babies...seriously... you look fantastic! I will look twice as as big as you at 6 weeks...mark my word! XOXO

LAURA said...

OK Katy, what are you, like 2 inches around after 2 kids? But if you keep saying things like that I promise to keep the checks coming...
X0