1.19.2009

Dawson = Mommy's Sweet Treat

Both of the kids love to help me bake, and I love having the "help." I can't even count how many times a week they push the kitchen chairs over to the counter to be my little sous chefs. Dawson drags my beaters and mixer around saying "cook, cook!" when he's in the mood for a sweet treat - which is often. But lately he can't even stand to leave the kitchen when I have something baking in the oven. Tonight I was making blueberry muffins and he stood watching the stove for the entire 15 minutes, bending down and peering in to check on the progress every minute or two. I love his little profile, chubby cheeks, bottom lip always protruding every so slightly, I just wanted to take a bite....of him, not the muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess it was bound to happen.. Could it have been all the chocolate chip cookies you ate when you were pregnant??!! He must have become addicted then. Hee Hee...Come to think of it, maybe the 6 York Peppermint patties (large ones and with milk)I ate a day while I was pregnant with you, could have started the whole thing...Love Mommy