5.11.2009

Memories of Mom's Day














We had a nice, relaxing Mother's Day weekend. We actually did our celebrating on Friday and Saturday since my parents were here. The kids and I started it off by baking dutch apple pies for Daddy, Todd had a really stressful week at work so we made his favorite treat. We had Taco Fest on Friday night with the fam and I ate an elephant's share of my yummy cake throughout the evening. The guys watched "Dark Knight" while us girls watched "What Not to Wear" and chatted away until almost midnight. Saturday morning we woke up early and went to Chap's for breakfast, which was even more delicious since none of us Mommies had to actually cook. It wound up being a gorgeous sunny day, so we spent the rest of it outside sitting on the patio, snacking, playing with the kids and just soaking in the warm sunshine and the pleasant company (as usual, I was the pleasant company that everyone got to enjoy). We had a good ole barbecue dinner before my parents had to head for home. If only every weekend were like that...

Some of my favorite Mommy's Day delights:
1) Ella made me a hand print at school, when I opened it I started crying and poor Ella didn't know what the heck to think. I've done plaster hand prints with the kids at every birthday, but this one was actually made from a rubber mold of her hand so it had amazing detail. It was seriously like looking at her hand just as it is, at the spunky age of 5, that I can always look back on. Now you might wonder why I cried if I can actually see her real hands any time I want to, this is one of those things I can't explain.
2) My yummy tuxedo cake, which I basically ordered for myself. Perhaps it isn't kosher to buy your own presents, but when a girl wants cake, she wants cake.
3) Spending a couple of days with our family just hanging out.
4 ) Todd gave me the most beautiful orange tulips, I've never seen them in that vibrant of a color, they were amazing.
And 5) Sorry Hon, but the best flowers I got this Mother's Day were from R.C., he was at our doorstep holding a bouquet of paper flowers and it just doesn't get any cuter than that.

No comments: