5.29.2009


"My deepest fear is waking up twenty years from now still the same woman I am today. With the same annoying habits and petty attitudes; with the same besetting sins and false beliefs. I can't imagine anything more terrible than getting to the end of my life only to discover that God had so much more in mind for me - more freedom, more joy, more true effectiveness. And I had missed it all, simply because I had refused to change."

Joanna Weaver


My friend Theresa had this quote at the end of one of her emails and it hit home - when all is said and done, the last thing I want to be is the same old me.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Thanks for sharing this quote...it is so good to be reminded of what my true purpose is in this life, to be made into the image of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!! I am so thankful that God loves me!!!