5.30.2009

Time to Head Out

I went in for my prenatal check-up and my doc said Baby A is vertex/head down! Yahoo!!!! I had an ultrasound yesterday and even Baby B made the move to be with his brother so they are both lined up to come out the good old fashioned way. I am still reminding myself to be flexible, I know multiples is a whole different ball game as far as pregnancy and delivery, but I am grateful that the babies aren't breech and we at least have a better chance of avoiding a c-section. They looked great, both just a few ounces shy of 5 pounds, and just 2 ounces apart from each other in weight, which is great for twins. Apparently no one is hogging the calories from the Tillamook ice cream and chicken tacos I've been craving, I mean, the spinach salad and grilled salmon with steamed vegetables. They caught Baby B yawning a couple of times which was so cute, and also saw Baby A waking from sleep with his eyes opening and closing slowly which was so sweet. I of course can feel how obnoxious they are, but it always blows me away to see how much activity is is going on inside my poor body. It's like The Ultimate Fighting Championship: Uterus vs Terrible Twins in there. I am dying to get these little beasts out, but I am so happy they've stayed put up until this point, which is a great accomplishment for all of us. I look like I swallowed the award winning watermelon at the local fair, but it's all for love and I know it will be worth it when we can bring home 2 healthy babies that hopefully never had to see the inside of a NICU. So the next time you see a whale, a beach ball, or a semi sporting the "wide load" sign, say a prayer for me....

2 comments:

Still Waters said...

No fair! No belly or US pics this time? Only mentions of wide load signs and beach balls? Praise God they are in the right places but glad to hear you are being flexible with your 'will' to want to have them naturally. Praying for you that you continue to do well! OXOXOX

LAURA said...

I know, boring huh?! Actually, it's just that it hasn't been a full month since my last belly shot and I was too lazy to scan the US pictures in that day, but... I promise to add them to my 9 month post so you can see for yourself my ginormousness (that's a word, right?).