5.01.2009

Bottoms Up Boys

This is a picture of all 4 of their cute little feet together last time, and what made it even cuter is knowing that their feet were UP, which means their heads were down, which means they were vertex not breech, which means they were behaving and not sending me to the OR for a c-section. Whew, I feel a little better after getting that off my chest.So these naughty twin boys are up to no good again. I went in for a routine ultrasound to discover that both of them were in breech position, not the news I was hoping to hear. I had a feeling that may be the case since a couple of days ago I got a welcome relief from the 4-footed kicks to the ribs, but it was replaced by the sensation that they had somehow managed to get a hold of jack-hammers to test out on my cervix. I am terrified of having a c-section, contrary to what a lot of people think, being a nurse is no consolation, in fact it has the opposite effect on me. I know what they're doing beyond that blue sheet and I don't want anything to do with it, thank you very much. So I'm praying they do their Mama a favor in the next few weeks and get their little noggins in proper position. A little later in the day my OB called to let me know that the ultrasound also showed my cervix had thinned to a point that was considered borderline - could be just a normal progression, or could be a sign that they are on their way sooner than later. So in the middle of making enchiladas I had to run into town and get a shot in my booty to develop their lungs - just in case, followed by another today. I know it could be a million times worse, but I have to say, this pregnancy has been a wild ride at times. Definitely nothing like my last pregnancy and delivery, which couldn't have been more perfect. So please pray that our little guys go bottoms up and head out the way the good Lord intended. If not, I'm going to seriously rethink greeting them with a snuggle and switching it to a little swat on their tiny behineys for all the trouble they've been giving me since day one.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh the ups and downs of pregnancy, labor and delivery. If only it could just be an easy breezy process. Just remember, the reward in the end is always the same :") Once you're holding these little guys, everything you've gone through will diminish, I promise! Enjoy this last few weeks. HUGS and LUVS!