6.22.2009

Father's Day Presents!

I got Todd a great Father's Day present this year, 2 new sons! I want to take the time to jot down our birth story and all the fun details, but this will have to do for now....
The quick version:
3 and a half weeks early
Almost 4 hours of labor, and about 35 minutes of pushing and out came....
Mitchell Luke (in honor of my Dad) 6 pounds, 20"
and about 3 pushes later, out came...
Charles (Charlie) David (in honor of both of my Grandpa and Uncle Charlie, and Todd's brother and my Grandpa David) 6 pounds, 4 oz, 19.5"


D-day! Last belly shot, no more Big Mama:-)
 I'm so glad I took this picture {even though at the moment I would've rather forgotten what I looked like} since it was my last day pregnant, ever!!!
Waiting to see if they will admit me, look at Dawson's sweet face, and it looks like Ella's trying to do something naughty with the nurse call button.


My baby, but not for much longer:(

It's official, I'm having these babies! Two of my best girls, D and Kel.
Little Mitch is here! One down {and out}, one to go!



Precious boy, love him so much already.



Charlie's next!






Best OB on the planet.


First snuggles, sigh, heaven on earth...


Charlie already discovered his fingers, how cute is this?!


My sweet new baby boys. Fresh little nuggets of love.


Charlie's first tubby.



Charlie, look at that chubby little face!
Big sister, what a pro.


Big brother Dawson, my baby is a big brother now.


Ella and my Mom meeting Mitch. Now Ninny has 2 Mitchs' in her life.


Big Mitch meets little Mitch, and Charlie too.


About 9 hours later haven't slept a wink, swollen like heck from hypertension, nursing non-stop. This is what death looks like in a pink robe.

Double trouble, I can feel it in my bones...

Heading home! That is a sentence I've been dreaming about for months. Coming home, with  me. Thank you Lord for my healthy sons.

7 comments:

katy said...

Through tears...I am so overwhelmed! LOVE the captions, the pictures, the amazing birth experience (you're a natural) and just how perfect and happy everybody seems! They are absoletely adorable! And your OB is hot too! Nice work Laura! Love you bunches! XOXO

Marci said...

Hey, you were supposed to go to bed, you naughty girl.....:)

Still Waters said...

You made that look really easy! CONGRATS! They are so adorable! Can't wait to see more pics of family life at home with the older kiddos doteing on thier little brothers! Way to go mom!

Dana K. said...

You're my hero!!! Congrats...

These pictures are amazing...

katy said...

Are you kidding me? How cute is the banner? Dying to see more pics of those boys! Like you have the time right? Hope all is well!

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

What wonderful pictures! What beautiful babies! I'm tearing up... how exciting! God bless you as your family has suddenly GROWN and I'm sure is so busy.

Kelli said...

Great Pictures! Gosh, I look through them and it feels like just yesterday I was going through the miracle of birth myself. You had quite the ride didn't you?! No 2 pregnancies, and/or labor and delivery are the same...I always enjoy hearing the stories. Wow, the Dr. Fine is FINE isn't he =) Whoowee!
XXOO