
Adoption is something I'm passionate about for obvious reasons, could have something to do with a cute little blonde I know... I think it's one of the most amazing experiences this life has to offer, and it will stretch you and change you in ways you can't imagine. One thing that always seems to surprise some people is to find out that we adopted first when we can have biological children. I guess the key is just having an open heart to God's leading, whether it's having 10 kids biologically, or adopting one. But I do wish more people would at least consider it as a way to have or add to their family, I can guarantee you won't regret it, you'll be the lucky one for sure. So... we were thrilled when Todd's cousin and fam decided to adopt! They have a little guy Axle, who is just a few weeks younger than Ella, and a little gal Harley that is a few months older than Dawson (hence the Axle and Harley t-shirts the kids and I sport proudly). They prayed about it and felt led to start the long process. And after a lot of waiting, it's finally time for Obed to come home. We are so excited to meet him and we are so happy for Aaron and Melissa. Melissa will be on her way to Ghana in the next week or so to pick up their son, welcome home Obed!
PS notice the dimples? I think the family must have a monopoly on the cutest, dimpled kids on the planet.
2 comments:
I am looking forward to Melissa's shower on Friday...I wish that you and Steph could come with me....Obed is such a cutie!
WOW, I didn't know you were related to them! Crazy small world I guess? When I saw your post I thought it was odd for you to have a pic of Melissa's son. Very cool that you are another encouragement to them! HUGS!
Post a Comment