
I've thought about buying Uggs for a couple of winters now, but for 2 main reasons I just kept passing them by. Reason #1: they are expensive. Reason #2: they are, I hate to say this but... they are pretty ugly. My sister has teased for years that the reason they're called Uggs is because it's short for ugly. So I was downtown making some returns and those boots started talking fancy to me again. Todd was such a sweetie and got me a gift card for Nordstrom after I had the twins, and I needed to make some random returns from the purchases I made with it. The plan was to pocket the money for Christmas gifts, but Todd really wanted me to spend it on myself since that was the original purpose. So I circled around the Ugg display yet again, the cold weather is already here and in these parts, the snow flies from October through April so I entertained the idea of getting some. Hey with 7 months of winter ahead, they'd be a good investment, right? But on the other hand they are literally twice what I've ever spent on shoes before - what to do, what to do?.....The sales lady meandered over and asked if I wanted to try some on. I told her, look, I have to be honest, I think they make perfectly cute girls look like Sasquatch from the knees down, but I have
so many friends that love them and they can't all be crazy. She agreed that they aren't the cutest things in the world but said she'd had a pair for years and that they are the perfect snow boots for running around town- something I actually need. I tried some on, I wear a size 6.5, but needed a size 5, and my feet look like a size 10 in them. Not what a girl typically looks for in a shoe, something that actually makes her feet look bigger. But I did it, I bought the stinkin' things and actually got 5 dollars and some change back. I'm not too sheepish to say that I wooly, wooly love them. I don't wear them with socks, I think that would be a sin because wearing them barefoot feels like wearing slippers. Slippers that I can wear to Costco, Target, the grocery store, but without the stares of disapproval you'd get if you did just that. I can't say I was wrong, they were right, because truthfully we were both right. They are UGGly to
look at, but they
feel great!
2 comments:
Hee Hee, you can't tease me about my true vintage pair anymore!! And I agree, I love them!! I need new soles on mine, they can be slippery when the snow gets stuck in the treads. I hope it won't be too expensive, but it will be worth the price....they keep my feet toasty warm.
Ummm HELLLOOO!! finally you caved in! I have 3 yes, 3 pairs and I started Chris on them, got some for Matthew and yes Maggie too! I can't help it I LOVE them! Enjoy:)
Post a Comment