Dawson walking back from Aunt Steph's after borrowing "The Grinch"
again...


We typically go out to dinner on Saturday night, it's my night off of K.P. and I look forward to it all week. Sometimes we do pizza or something like that, but I usually opt to get out of the house. So the kids are pretty good at restaurants, which is an important skill for a kid to have if you ask me. But this time things got ugly. Ella and Dawson weren't doing anything wrong per say, but by the end of the meal I think Todd could've used some pills. It went something like this... Ella had to go potty, but of course mentioned this after we had just got all 6 of us settled. So Todd had to get up to let Ella out, then I had to move the car seat sling out of the way and get out, then of course the reverse so Todd could sit back down. I took her to the bathroom, washed hands and then of course it was Todd up again, Mitch out of the way again... So we got all situated for the second time and Dawson's shoe fell off under the table, so Ella, trying to help, crawled under the table to get it. Okay, I'm not a complete germiphobe, but EWWW! So off to wash hands again which of course included more musical chairs. Then Dawson accidentally dropped the silverware out of the napkin, which hit the glass table top with a crash, which led to the awakening of the beast A.K.A Charlie. Then the screaming started. Usually the babies do okay, and I can console them either with toys, nursing, and any other number of scene changes. But this time all heck broke loose, with BOTH of them. So in the middle of the chaos our waitress (poor soul) came to refill our drinks and Ella said "do you know that you should have a soft heart? Because if you let your heart get hardened you'll do bad things." The waitress politely disguised her confusion and then Dawson added "yeah, then yer heart'll be 2 sizes too small yike Da Grinch." Of course we had no business telling anyone anything spiritual at this point since from a spectators perspective (by this point we had attracted a crowd of staring diners), we were eating out with Satan's spawn. Ahh, nothing like an evening out to make cooking and cleaning up dinner look like fun.
Dawson has always been pretty articulate, but lately he's been trading the word "our" for "we" which has led to some interesting sentences. This is my favorite: "we have to wash we hands after we wipe we bottoms, cuz we bottoms have we germs."
Dawson was laying on my chest and asked "what's that sound?" when I told him it was just my heart beating he said "no, I think it's the pipes to yer furnace, they're bein' loud."
Another day, while Dawson was laying on my chest again, he asked what my heart was saying. I said "my heart says Dawson, Dawson..." (I tell Ella that my heart says "Ella, Ella...") - he lifted his head up and said "then I must be makin' a mess in there!"
And of course here's a little something from Todd. After a ruff-housing session he said with a sigh "these kids are going to make me go broke then be the death of me."
No comments:
Post a Comment