1.01.2010

Happy New Year!





We finally got some snow, yahooo! It was a week late if you ask me. It was supposed to come on Christmas Eve, not New Year's Eve, but better late then never. So I put the babies down for the night and then we bundled Ella and Dawson up and went sledding behind the four-wheeler, some late night fun. The yard was so pretty, all blanketed with fresh snow, sparkling in the moonlight. Then we headed inside for some warm chocolate chip cookies and milk. After we got the next round of kids tucked in, Todd and I had some bubbly stuff and talked about our hopes for this year. Disneyland, the beach, being more dedicated to having our quiet time, starting back up our devotions with the kids, a tent trailer, keeping Ella at NWC... Todd tried to hold on until midnight, but he wanted to enjoy the last few minutes of 2009 asleep, so Charlie and I rung in the New Year.

We have a lot to be thankful for this year, and there have also been some hard times for people in our family.

Probably #1 on my thankful list is that the babies were born healthy, with multiples this isn't always the case.
One of Todd's cousins and her husband just lost their 8 month old baby girl. It was an unexpected, tragic loss that had our whole family in shock. As I was watching my boys celebrate their first Christmas I kept thinking of Ashley and David, knowing that they should be doing the same thing. My heart breaks for them, I am so grateful for each day I am blessed to be with my kids.
Also, just a couple of days before Christmas, Todd's Mom lost her job. She has been a loyal and faithful employee for the same company for over 30 years, but they outsourced her job to save money. We are thankful that Todd has a job so we can provide for our family.
A very dear family friend survived a blood clot to the heart and lungs just recently, and we are thanking God he is okay.
Life is so unpredictable - so many highs and lows, challenges to muttle through, blessings to enjoy. I am just thankful for a God that is constant, the one unchanging thing in this crazy world. Here's to 2010, may yours be full of a lot more ups then downs.

No comments: