1.02.2010

Eda June Punkin Pie

My sweet friend Katy just had a delicious baby girl - that makes princess #3 for them, and since we have 3 boys, I see some match making in our future. Eda June is the newest addition to their beautiful family, and she came just how I like em, chunky. Over 8 pounds of yum. I am so happy for you Katy, you are truly one of the most amazing Moms I know and I am dying to get my hands on Eda. Looks like we'll be up soon...
Some of you already know this, but Katy and I share a special bond that goes beyond friendship, she was the nurse who took care of Ella (and us!) when she was born! Katy is a NICU nurse but out of respect for Ella's birth mother, we spent the 3 days that we were in Tacoma on that floor. I think Ella was a show stopper because she was not only adorable, but full-term, healthy and FAT compared to all the other babies. Katy even got contraband and swiped some Johnson & Johnson for Ella's bath so she would smell good. I'll never forget those 3 days, some of the most emotional of my life to this point, and Katy, you made it so much easier - our angel in scrubs...

1 comment:

katy said...

Okay, tears!!! You are so sweet! I really love Ella...and you guys too. And if there is anyone amazing at parenting it would be you my dear! I so wish we lived closer. I miss you always. Thanks for your amazing friendship. XO