1.22.2010

Kindred Spirits


I love Ella, she is such a riot. I miss her now that she is in school everyday. I'm glad we made the decision to do just half-day Kindergarten 'cause I still need her around. One of the things I love most about Ella is that she gets me. We have fun together and she handles my weirdness in stride, and vice versa. One of our favorite things to do is break out into song or dance - some one's gotta keep things interesting around here. Usually we do some sort of duet, and this is our latest. We sing this when the babies are both fussing and crying at the same time. You'll have to channel Ursula for this one, a song from The Little Mermaid has been altered just slightly for our purposes...

Poor unfortunate sooouls, in pain, in need.
This one longing to be fed and that one longing to be changed,
And do I help them? Yes I do.
Last night we were singing this in our deepest, lusty voices to the boys (Todd just shakes his head at this point, he's past the stage of commenting and usually reserves his interjections for our dance moves) and Ella started shaking her shoulders back and forth and said "Mom, I don't have the boobies to shake like Ursula does, but you have the right kind so go ahead, shake 'em." I can't say I appreciate being compared to a sea witch, but if the shoe fits...


3 comments:

Still Waters said...

At least she was comparing your boobies and not your personality to the seawitch! There is an upside to everything! Too funny! Sounds like she will have fun stories to tell her kids about their grandma!

katy said...

Let me tell you this...when my days are crazy and I want to strangle my fiesty, talk back, aggressive re-head I will think of you (often I do this) because in so many ways I wish I was so spontaneously better at humor. (My other friend Megan is good at this too!) You're an amazing mom Laura...she is beyond lucky to have you!

Marci said...

The nut doesn't fall too short of the tree :)
I still love doing and saying(or singing)something wierd to shock your dad. After all these years, it is getting hard to think up stuff to do....got any ideas?? :)