10.11.2010

Falling for Autumn
































Everyone is talking about Fall, they're excited for the change of seasons and it's slowly pulling me out of my endless-summer mentality. Let's face it, whether I like it or not, Fall is here. I really do love all 4 seasons, but I just love summer a little bit more! And our trip to Cali didn't help, it gave me the false hope that it could last forever. So leaving 100* temps and coming home to cool nights, darkness, falling leaves, pumpkins... well, I just wasn't ready. But I'm getting there, I'm embracing it slowly but surely. It's really not all bad. And there's a cure all, a sure fix that'll get even the most hard core summer lover to fall for Autumn...
{Green Bluff}
My parents were in town and hadn't been to Green Bluff, so we took them up for some good ole fashioned family fun on the farm (AKA observing our children's bad behavior in a natural, rural setting). I got a bundle of fresh lavendar that was picked that morning, I waited way too long for 2 hot donuts, we got a bunch of crisp apples, and a wagon full of pumpkins. There was pie eating and coffee drinking, barns and corn cannons, ponies, cornstalks and hay bales, live music and lively Rufflings...

1 comment:

Marci said...

It was a GREAT day.......thanks for taking me there. It reminded me of the wonderful memories of the times that I took you and Steph on field trips......How sweet that I was able to enjoy it with my sweet grand babies too.