10.20.2010

Idle hands...Quilt!

When Todd was out of town I stayed up waaay too late working on Ella's quilt, 4 am to be exact. The goal is to get it done by Christmas so she has a cozy new quilt to curl up with over the long winter. I got all of the fabric washed, dried and cut. Now I just need to sew her up. The fabric is definitely eclectic, which I love, and we picked it out based on a couple of criteria: is it cotton? is it cute? If the answer was yes, then it met our criteria. I love that every square will be something fun for her to look at, or says something about who she is. I cherished the quilt my Mom made for me as a little girl, and loved it so much that it wound up in shreds from one too many go-arounds in the washing machine. Hopefully this labor of love will warm her up from the inside out, a bear hug from Mommy in the form of a soft blanket. I did a handful of quilts in high school (no, not the typical teen hobby) but haven't in a while so I'm excited to get back into it. The only problem with quilting is that fabric is a lot like scrapbooking paper - so many cute prints, so little time...
















2 comments:

Tabitha said...

ooooh I love all the prints! It's probably a good thing that I can't sew/quilt/knit!

Marci said...

It was fun making the curtains with you......it makes me want to live closer