I was just laying with him, tucking him in for the night, and I just can't believe it was {4} years ago that I met this sweet boy. 4 years ago today I was kissing his precious face, his fingers, his chubby shoulders for the very first time. I inspected every toe, every dark curl on his head. I tucked him into my gown at the hospital and just held him for hours against my skin. I knew I hit the jackpot with this one. I was so* incredibly* grateful* Grateful to have been pregnant with him, and he was so good to me. I had such a beautiful pregnancy and bringing him into this world will always be one of the greatest joys of my life. Grateful to have a healthy son. Grateful to be a Mommy again, and to fall in love again. Each one of our kids is special, not only because of who they are, but what they bring out in me as a Mom. Dawson is my calm, my peace. He allows me to train him and coach him, he doesn't challenge me, defy me, exploit my flaws. He is oh-so affectionate and that alone melts my heart. He is intropspective and serious, but when I get one-on-one time with him he talks the hind leg off a mule. He is gentle, but stubborn, and he has a surprisingly hot temper. He is protective of me, tender, sensitive and thoughtful. He isn't independent - he needs me and I need him. I've watched him grow from a chunky baby, into a long, lean boy. A boy, not a baby or a toddler, a boy. I love his long lashes and puppy dog eyes, I love that he still sucks his thumb and drags his silky around. I'm definitely not in any hurry for him to grow up. I just adore him, I really do. I can't imagine a single day without my sweet Dawson. HaPpY birthday my Love.
Here are some pictures of Dawson's 1st year, ending with his Western Round-up 1st birthday party!
The baby-making kit! Just add Laura, countless procedures, a lot of shots, meds, ultrasounds, blood draws ,surgery, complications and prayers, and before you know it....
you're pregnant and... It's a {BOY}!!
8 months later you look like this!
Then Mama has a lot of work ahead of her
Then there was you, and life was never the same...












































1 comment:
Wow, these are such adorable, & touching pictures! Your description of when he was first born, and the first time you saw him, wow...gives me the chills! He is such a precious, beautiful boy! Sounds like he and Aiden need to get together and play with their new shop vacs :") Happy #4 Big D! We love you~
Post a Comment