And I don't know if I'm up for looking at baby pictures to post, I'm always emotional on the kids' birthdays so that may put me over the edge. Todd and I started talking about our snowy drive to Tacoma to meet our baby girl and I just had to stop, I can't take it. I've cried twice today and that's enough darnit!
12.13.2010
Birthday # Girl!
Ella helping me bake her cake, I put some red food coloring in the batter to make it pink:)
My parents got Ella a pottery wheel for her birthday, here she is making her first...hmmm, I'm not sure what it is?
Ella was such a goof today when I was trying to take her picture, I couldn't stop laughing
Her finished cake! I used scraps from her quilt to make this little pennant banner, then added some gumdrops, ribbon, and a little metal "E" to jazz it up.
I made myself sick licking the leftover cream cheese frosting out of the bowl:)
Another page of the pickle chronicles from Dad





The L's met us for dinner to celebrate the Bean, and she was thrilled to share her day with her best buddy. The W's couldn't make it but sent a balloon, bear and a card for her, and the L's got her a cute butterfly cookie to take home. We have great friends!
That big hole where her teeth once were is perfect for slurping up noodles

Ella is {7} today, I blinked and now she's seven. How do I describe her? How do you say with words what your firstborn does to your heart and your life? Becoming a mother changes every cell in your body, you are never the same from that moment on. Ella has taught me so much about myself, she challenges me and entertains me, she brings me so much joy, and brings me to my knees some days. She is thoughtful, messy, spunky, nurturing, dramatic, imaginitive, impulsive, and so full of life. She is the bright spark that lights up my world. I love her so much, I love who she is becoming, and who I'm becoming because I get to be her Mom. I know that she's ours because of God's divine plan not just for her life, but for mine. She exposes my shortcomings, but I think that is a blessing in disguise. She doesn't let me get away with anything because any chink in the armor is quickly discovered by this girl. But who wants to get off easy when it comes to being a Mom? It's supposed to be hard work, I think it's supposed to make us question everything we say and do. I can't wait to see who she becomes, who God imagined her to be when He created her. I think watching it unfold will be a great ride, and may require some prescription meds for me at some point:) I love you Bean, you will never know what happened to my heart and soul the moment I met you and wrapped my arms around you for the first time, and kissed your sweet face. You are an answer to my prayers and the desires of my heart. I see a little Mama in you, and a buck wild tomboy, a singer, a softball player, a mountain climber, a caring sister, a crazy friend, a little girl who is learning what it means to follow Jesus - you are a sassy-mouthed, toothless 1st grader that is bound for greatness. HaPpY bIrThDaY Ella, I love you with all myY, you are the apple of my eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All I can say is.....Amen to that!!
Happy 7th birthday Ella.....Ninnie loves you ever so much!!
Oh how I remember the night you dropped off Bailey to go get your precious baby girl! Wasn't it just yesterday? I'm so thankful and blessed to have been witness to all the years wishing for sweet Ella and then the day you finally brought her home. I'm so lucky to have watched this amazing girl grow and flourish in your love! She's a keeper and we LOVE her with all our heart and soul :)
*Across the sky and down from heaven that's the way we make a seven*
Love,
Auntie D and the Wells Fam
Post a Comment