9.29.2011

Having a twin doubles your joy and divides your sorrow

The twins had their 2 year check-up this summer and I need to get the stats down. Mitchy looks like Todd, Charlie looks like me. But apparently the similarities don't end there.
Mitchell: 94% for height, 75% for weight
Charles: 40% for height, 80% for weight
Hmmm.... sounds like they have our body types too:)
The boys are getting so big and they are so much fun right now. They are definitely starting to test the boundaries, like velociraptors testing the fences in Jurassic Park. But they bring so much joy and laughter to our lives, we know how blessed we are to have healthy twins. Todd and I lay in bed at night and just laugh about all the things they do and say and the trouble they conjure up together.
I love to watch Mitchy eat and drink, it's so cute. I know it sounds funny, but if you know him well, you understand what I mean. It's like watching an old man sip coffee, so careful with little slurps and "mmmm's". He is stubborn, and he screeches so loudly when he's mad that I worry about our neighbors. He loves to write and draw and is super meticulous. The other night he took Todd's hand and led him over to the side of our yard to show him the sunset, so precious. Todd said "isn't that cool, the sky is orange!" And Mitch said "no Daddy, it's blue." I love his man voice and his smile and lashes melts my heart. His expressions are to die for, his attitude is beyond his years;) He asks me all day "Mommy read a book?" Charlie lays on his tummy on the patio and licks up ants. So that's awesome. My favorite things he says: "Love you, Baby Doll" {this is what I say to them} "I'm a mess!" and "Mommy's BEST!" He loves to sing and dance, and to keep things neat and tidy, he's my little helper. He doesn't do anything half way, it's all or nothing with this one. So it's either all bad, or all good.
People ask me a lot if the twins are really close, they are joined at the hip these days, but it wasn't always that way. As newbies they were so comforted by each other's presence, they slept better next to each other, they would reach out their little arms and settle in once they found one another. But then the awareness that they had to share Mommy set in, and they just viewed each other as competition. Now we've come full circle and they are so incredibly tight, I know they are connected at the soul. I honestly don't know if they'd be able to function without each other. It is amazing to see the bond they share, siblings of course love each other and protect each other, but I truly believe twins share something deeper and stronger. So here are some of my favorite pictures of this twosome.
 
  1st night home
 2 days old
 1 week
 4 weeks
 6 weeks
8 weeks
 
3 months
5 months
Delicious chub ~ nibble, nibble...
Look at Charlie's man boobs
6 months
Poor Mitchy!
7 months
9 months
10 months
1 year!

No comments: