We've spent a lot of time at the allergist's in the past couple of months. Dawson had his annual check-up for his peanut allergy, and the kids' pediatrician said that the twins shouldn't try peanut butter until they were evaluated because of the increased chance of them having an allergy as well {which is actually only 7%, that surprised me, I thought it would be higher}. Anyhoo, Dawson is still just as allergic ~ children can out grow it, but no sign of that so far, darnit. So that was one appointment, next up was Charlie a few weeks later. He had a skin scratch test and was in the clear, yahoo! He has angry, sensitive skin like me and Dawson, which is more common with allergic-type kiddos, so I was thinking if one of the twins would have a peanut allergy, it would be Charlie. But nope, so happy! So Mitchy just went in and he is allergic too, I'm so bummed. We have a follow-up appointment to see just
how allergic. I'm over having my kids poked after all 3 of the boys had to get venipunctures over the summer and they mixed up all of their bloodwork. I felt so terrible that they had to be poked in the first place, it was a fun morning getting my blood and 3 little ones blood drawn all in one morning ~ and then it wound up being for no reason! So I opted out of doing that again, so Dr. Kraemer is doing what one of his colleagues does and actually giving him peanut butter in a controlled setting with the appropriate meds on hand if it's needed, kinda scary. So we shall see... And I just have to say how much we LoVe Dr. Kraemer, my kids just adore him. He is so funny and puts them at ease without even trying, he should've been a pediatrician. He has the best sense of humor and tells me about the best vacation spots for the kids and great restaurants in town. Since I usually have all 4 kids with me, the twins have to be in the double stroller so we can cross a busy 4-lane street safely. So he always has some sarcastic comment about my stroller ~ one time it was "could we please find another spot to park your 18-wheeler?" another time he said that his car was smaller then my stroller, and the next time said that my stroller was so big it needed it's own defense budget. He always creates the funnest activities for the kids to play out of the exam table paper, stickers, tongue depressors, you name it. He knows Dawson loves the Grinch and sings him Grinchy songs, he does cool Ninja moves with snap bracelets, and he dug through the treasure bin to find me a leopard print one because he said I was "Queen of my jungle". I just love him and am so sad he's retiring, thank goodness he's doing that process slowly and still working a few days here and there. I know that's probably more than you wanted to know about our allergist, but I honestly want my kids to remember him someday so I wanted to write this out for them. In general, I think our family has found the BEST healthcare in Spokane, from doctors to dentists, we somehow picked the
perfect ones for our family.
Oh, and the inappropriate comic is from a friend, from
church! Can you believe someone from
church could be so naughty? I would never. I will change her name to protect her privacy, it was from my friend Kana Dangas;)
And here's something peanut-related from Dawson:
We were playing Candyland and he landed on the peanut square and said seriously "Mom, I have to move off this square, I can't be with peanuts!"
3 comments:
I busted out laughing when I saw this. I totally remembered sending it to you like a year ago. I obviously need more churchin'...
Allergy tests are no fun! I hate having my kids tested!
Wish we could spend Thanksgiving togethe. What a riot that would be.
Happy Thanksgiving! Love to all !
L-O-V-E the nutty comic! So sorry that you have TWO now with allergies...but aren't good doctors sent by God? I truly feel this way with our Pediatrician--she talked us off the ledge when we found out Grace had PKU...and says funny things like your allergist. My favorite: "I know we just met, Joshy, but I need to see your chest." Love to you, Ruffs!
Post a Comment