I was playing Scrabble with Steph, Mom and the girls late Christmas night, but I wanted to take a picture of Dawson on his official birthday. So I walked back home, {my sis is my neighbor too!} washed my face, and got into bed to read for a bit to wait it out...when I checked the clock it was 12:41 am, the exact minute he was born! So I hurried in and got a picture of him all snuggled in his bed.
His tractor balloon and birthday breakfast on his special plate!
Todd and I were looking through the photo album of Dawson's birth and newbie days. It has gone by so quickly. It takes my breath away sometimes to see pictures of our kids when they were babies, I wish I could go back and do it all over again and in slow motion. Todd and I always have fun reminiscing about our kids' birth days and remembering all the details, chaos and special moments. Seems like every year something new comes up that one of us hadn't remembered. This year Todd started talking about me hemorrhaging with Dawson and I said "what?!" "Yeah, your doctor was pretty worried about you, you wouldn't stop bleeding, don't you remember?!" Uh, no, I don't! I guess I do remember having to have pitocin after he was born and that I wanted to slap my sweet nurse in her cute little face because she was on top of me massaging my fundus SO hard. But this was my 1st delivery so what the heck did I know?! I guess it's that new Mom thing, you just get so zoned in on the new love of your life that nothing else matters. Except food, that matters, and nipple cream, that matters A LOT.
Attempting to take a picture before birthday boy's dinner out.
He was so sweet, he kept saying it was our birthday, and asking me what I wanted to do, offering me Coke and treats, telling me "happy birthday!".
Silky and Thumb, 2 of his great loves.
Dawson deliberated for weeks about his birthday dinner, would it be Tomato Street, or P.F. Changs ~ ravioli or noodles...He picked Chinese food and we had a yummy meal together with family.
They let him choose a little mini dessert, he picked carrot cake. I told him to make a wish and he said "I wish for a Play Doh maker!"
After dinner it was back home to make frosting for the brownies and open presents!
Dawson assaulted the brownies with lime green sprinkles, his favorite color:)
And he got his birthday wish, twice over! My Mom and Sis both got him Play doh makers, pizza and waffles:) He opened his gifts with his buck knife {plastic of course. We're from Washington, not Idaho}.
Todd's parents got him an Angry Bird and Pig. Beth and Rach set up an Angry Birds scene with the blocks for him to knock down:)
Party Day! The next week, once Christmas craziness settled down a bit, we had his little party. He wanted his 2 favorite buddies there, key lime pie, green soda, and Taco Salad. Those were his birthday requests, so we had a little FiEsTa!!
Hola! Ole'! Guacomole, burrito, enchilada, tortilla! Those are the only spanish words I know.
3 Amigos {plus a pesty little brother}
I made mustaches for the straws. Come on, you know it's true that 90% of Hispanic men have a mustache. Don't believe me? Spend 20 minutes at De Leon;)
Wells Bros.
And some Hispanic {and Italian} women have mustaches too;)
Nolan J.
Mitch is modeling Todd's favorite mustache style, which he unfortunately sported from 1983-way too long. Thank goodness he married someone with some fashion sense or Lord only knows what would've become of him.
Little Leo, he prefers the clean shaven look, he knows what the ladies want;)
Charlie was a turkey and refused to show me his 'stache.
Pucker up Buttercup ~ gotta love tart, key lime pie!
HaPpy BiRthDay Big D!
1 comment:
Dawson.....Ninny and Papa love you!! We are so very happy that you are in our world......XOXOX
Post a Comment