1.28.2012

Hooray for a Snow Day!!

We finally got some snow around here! I have loved our snowy winters the past few years, so it's been a bit of a disappointment to see each "severe winter storm warning" pass without so much as a flake of snow on the ground. Come on, it's the Pacific Northwest for crying out loud, where's our snow?! Well it finally came, after yet another round of predictions that we would get snow, and didn't, they finally got it right. And then boy did it come. It just snowed and snowed and snowed...It really is like a giant snowglobe out in our yard, especially when those big, beautiful snowflakes fall all day long. Ella and I have been praying for snow, and especially praying for a snow day, and we got it! There's nothing like an unexpected day off of school, we had such a fun day. So Friday after Shane and Todd finished up work {Daddy's don't get snow days}, the L's came out bearing pizza and we gobbled it up with salad and cookies, and the kids went sledding! They had a blast, mine are still talking about it and hoping it's not our last big storm. I'm sure some of you are probably annoyed that I've been hoping and praying for snow, I'm sorry! I know it's a pain to drive in, run errands in, it's a long and sweaty process to get everyone bundled up to go outside, but you have to admit, it is so * *MaGicaL**
*The End**

No comments: