2.28.2012

All you need is love!

Valentine's Day was pretty mellow this year, I didn't decorate as much as usual either since the house is on the market. I felt bad, the kids really look forward to it but I didn't think it would be a good idea if the house looked like love threw-up all over. I didn't break tradition completely ~ I decorated the table so when they woke up it was all lovey and sweet, and I made them a fun breakfast and served it on our special Valentine's plates. I bought them each a treat and had it at the table for them in the morning, they couldn't believe I let them eat some of it for BREAKFAST! After dinner that night I made raspberry Italian sodas and covered them with cute little heart sprinkles. I'm in love with these sprinkles, so sweet and adorable and I am all about tiny, miniature things so these make me happy. And since Todd and I were lame this year and didn't even exchange cards, I decided to pull the ole "jar 'o love" out of the archives as a substitute. Ages ago {the inside lid says '1999'} I filled a Mason jar with 100 strips of paper that I had written 100 reasons "why I love you...". To this day it is one of Todd's favorite gifts. It was fun to look through it and see what I'd written ~ one said "I love you because you dug 3 holes for my Alpine fir before I decided it was just right." And "I love you for taking me fishing whenever I want after we get off of work!" And since Mason jars are making a comeback {who knew?!} it's a great, super cheap, thoughtful way to say "I love you." Mine is totally ghetto, a pathetic lack of creativity on my part. At least the fabric had little hearts on it, and I wrote on red and pink paper, with contrasting red and pink ink pens, that's cute right? Don't judge me. I admit, there's  no excuse for the hideous heart stickers though, that's just awful. So back to this Valentine's Day... about a month ago I bought Todd and I tickets to the Mat Kearney concert, which was set for the day after Valentine's Day, so that was our little celebration. We almost didn't go for a laundry list of reasons, and since I'm trying not to whine so much, let's just say I was numbers 1-10 on that list of reasons. But we went and I'm so happy we did! The concert was AmAzInG. I adore Mat Kearney, he is one of my all-time favorite artists, but in concert he is absolutely divine ~ so sweet and down to earth, and not at all good looking;) Well worth staying up till midnight on a Wednesday;) I may have to trade in my old back-up husband and put him on the list instead, I'm sure he'd totally go for an old lady with 4 rowdy kids {and yes, Todd knows I have a back-up husband. He has a back-up too. You may have heard of her, Kate Beckinsale;} Hope your Valentine's Day was full of sweet lovin' hot from the oven.

No comments: