2.29.2012

Dawson's Ditties

> Nov 2011-Feb 2012 <
Dawson had an earwig in his pocket and I said he needed to bring it outside. Later he had a rolly polly and I saw him head upstairs with it so I asked him "where are you going with that bug?!" He answered back "I'm putting him in my bed, he's tired." I told him "no Buddy, you can't put bugs in your bed!" He was sad that I wouldn't let him put the bug in his bed and asked with a disappointed tone "well can I just show him around my room?"

At Christmas time the kids always "help" me decorate. Dawson was interested in the red berry balls I was hanging above the windows, curious what they were. I explained that they were kissing balls, and just like mistletoe, if you stand under one with someone you love, you get a kiss! So after I hung one up I ran down to the basement to grab another Rubbermaid and I heard Dawson call out, "Mom...I'm under the kissing baaallll..."

On Christmas Eve I was cooking up a storm in the kitchen when Dawson came down and asked "Whatcha cookin' Sister?!"

I told Dawson to go to his room for being mean to his brothers and he said with a scowl, "just so you know I'm not a lover, I AM a fighter."

When I was working with Dawson on his letter sounds we came to the letter "g" and he said "g is for gawrsh." I think my kids have Mickey Mouse Mania in their DNA too. For those of you who have no idea what he's referring to, "gawrsh" is what Goofy says:)

The kids love "I Spy" whether it be the books or just playing the game in the car etc. When I was playing this with Dawson in bed he said "I spy someone I love sooo much...YOU!"

I truly do love playing with my kids, but there are times I just can't lay on the floor and play Legos any longer or the house would explode and dinner definitely doesn't make itself {believe me, I've tried this}. So the other day when Dawson whined at me for leaving our play time I told him "Buddy, you have TWO friends here, go play with your brothers!" His whiny reply: "I don't like to play with the babies, I'm not used to them yet!"      * You've had 2 and a half years Big D, I think it's time you get used to them!

Todd told Dawson to go to his room until his attitude changed and he huffed "Fine! I'll just go climb into my hole then!"

Dawson wouldn't go to sleep and after the 3rd time tucking him in he said "I can't go to sleep because "I'm afraid of my room."  I asked why he was afraid and he said "because I'm afraid I'll smell cookies but you'll say 'go back to bed Dawson'...."

I asked Dawson "can I have a kiss?!" he said "that's a great idea! And I'll never say no to you, I'll ALWAYS say yes!"

Ella was asking me questions about breastfeeding and when I gave her the cliff notes she said  "Ewww, that's gross!" Dawson piped up and said "I loved it, it was my favorite thing when I was a baby."

I think some of my sweetest moments with the kids happen at bedtime. There is just something about that one-on-one time, with just the light of a night light, soft voices, tired eyes. It's like truth serum. Just a couple of nights ago Dawson was staring at me while we were talking in his bed and he whispered "Mom, I wonder why God made me fall in love with you so much..."

Even though Dawson can be a stinker to his brothers, I feel bad for the poor guy sometimes, they really do torture him too. They were throwing balls at him and when they didn't stop when he asked them to, he started getting upset and ran to me with his hands over his face and asked "why did you have to push TWO babies out? This is horrible!"


No comments: